"How Invicta and Jim saved my life"

LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

"How Invicta and Jim saved my life"

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » August 29th 2010, 12:48am

oceanghost39
Member Geek

How invicta and jim saved me
First and formost this is true, every word.I love cars,tools,any type machenery,always have ,since i was a small boy.Owned a waste removal vacum buss when i was young man, broke my back had to retire , was told i woulnot be able to do physical work any more so i worked out and did therapy got strong .I talked to my DR and told him i would open a towing buss , and did .THings where great 6 years and 5 trucks later the Lord bless me .Then I was working on my 97 f450 putting in a duel mass fly wheel when the tans fell off the jack and almost fell on my bother but i caught it and spun my body around but not my legs.I finished , put the truck back together.days later i had lots of pain and trouble walking,so went to dr he could not mri me because of steal rods.They put me on medcation therapy(drugged out of my mind) .had to close my company.A year or two later I told them no more drugs , we would have to fix the problem. Well years later and all of my saving they told me i cushed my vertibra and tashed my back they can't fix it.Now I'm unable to do much .i love to work on things but can't.I in pain all the time but I can deal with it.My wife decided to leave me and take all the money.Married 20 years 2 kids my life was gone.My son stayed with me and tried to help ,but i was depressed i felt worthless.All he wanted is to be with me , if it wasn't for him i would of killed my self.well i was watching tv and came across shop one night about four or so years ago and was hooked by this crazy host alot like me and his guest Eyal there relationship was so great.I always loved watches but did not know how creative you could be with a watch.Ilearned so much ,i go my son to watch and that was our time, father and son time. Zach my son was so eager to learn.We started to talk about watches all the time like we do about cars.Ive been teaching about cars since he was born.But watches and Jim and Eyal saved me out of the funk i came, now i'm working on things again by using my son as the tool and teaching him all i know
But now trouble again my ex whom i am still married to has dammaged not just me but my children ,My son has panic disorder now his mom has done some crazy stuff in front of the kids and moved in with some guy and we are still married,WE raised the kids in the church, we wer the clevers now my kids se their mom drinking and smoking and letting them do all the things we told them not to do.Zach could not deal with it and freaked.Now i spend thousands on therapy and drs.My 16 year old ison meds now doing better.he loves to watch jim and Eyal and loves Invicta watches.SO THANK YOU BOTH VERY MUCH!!We do not like when the haters talk bad about Invicta ,we see what Eyal does for us watch guys ,we see excited he gets when brings out a great deal or a new watch ,thanks again We are trying to get a new sub 4 but with a divorce and therapy things are tight.I saw the sunday run for 288 what a deal ,I hope they do not go up in the future it'll be a while be for we get it, but for now on nothing but Invicta for the 2 men in this family.
ps sorry for the long and poor grammer post ,I just wanted to tell someone this story know one knowsbut our familys and its been a rough day for me and Zach.also watchgeeks rules and the members are the best i read all new post every night god bless.

I honestly respect the bad luck this guy has run into, honestly. But Jim and Invicta turned your life around? You did Mr. Robbie, not Eyal with his "deals" or Jim with his "man squirt".

Someday your eyes will open about the deception and fraud Invicta and Jim are guilty many times over for committing to countless thousands of good people, honest hard working people, and even yes folks in serious depression like yourself. When that day comes remember it was you that pulled yourself out by finding a new passion in life, not Eyal or Jim who could give a damn about you beyond separating your wallet from your ass to get your credit card number.
TRU-LYE
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: "How Invicta and Jim saved my life"

Post by TRU-LYE » August 29th 2010, 4:27am

Damn shame... Once he sees he's being fucked by them just as bad as his wife fucked him. His life is gonna be over, and he may just take his son with him. Personally I think it's sad that he feels so pathetic that he credits tv salesman with saving his life.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » August 29th 2010, 4:36am

It appears that this guy is a good representation of the demographics IWG is targeting, complete with the mandatory spelling handicap, no horology clues and in desperate need of some kind of social network....
Ditchdoc

Post by Ditchdoc » August 29th 2010, 4:40am

eddiea wrote:It appears that this guy is a good representation of the demographics IWG is targeting, complete with the mandatory spelling handicap, no horology clues and in desperate need of some kind of social network....

You beat me to it Eddie. :)
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » August 29th 2010, 6:04am

I know it is really easy to pick on this poor soul, but let's not fall into that here, we are better than kicking some one when he is down. I think many of us can relate with his hard times he has dealt with, we all experience them, but he does need to stop being such a victim and realize it was not the little box that Jim and Eyal live on that made the bad things go away.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » August 29th 2010, 7:25am

LIES ALL LIES!!! wrote:I know it is really easy to pick on this poor soul, but let's not fall into that here, we are better than kicking some one when he is down. I think many of us can relate with his hard times he has dealt with, we all experience them, but he does need to stop being such a victim and realize it was not the little box that Jim and Eyal live on that made the bad things go away.

We are not picking on this guy.... IWG is, as well as abusing and taking advantage of him, that been said and with no disrespect intended to anybody....at the end of the day it is what it is, the perfect geek.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 29th 2010, 7:59am

Lies,

Yeah, you trumped me. No doubt about that one. But...after reading all of this, I have no urge to point and laugh or call names or whatever. But to me, it brings back an earlier post that I think (and if I recall wrong, forgive me) Ditchdoc had made.

Again, I state: All this obviously uncovering of IWG facts isn't so much about us; I bet 85 percent of us here refuse to pick up another IWG product the rest of our lives. Heck, just this week, one of the DOD sites had a deal on one of the few IWG watches I think is handsome; I had to fight off my worst instincts. I didn't buy it. Some things are bigger than my watch collection.

This poor soul; I feel awful for him, but you know what? I'm deadly serious here; as my own mother got older and older and, for the last year of her life, a disease slowly took her, she continued to have a serious thing for religious TV hucksters. That's who they prey on on television; the weak, the sad, the lonely, the wounded. They jump at them with watches with five value pays that will change their lives; they leap at them with "miracle spring water" from Russia that will make their every dreams come true; they entice them by waving their arms and magically healing their illnesses. The only problem is that everything these TV hucksters do is false, fake, ersatz. Even wrestling on TV is much the same way; it creates a vast illusion that, amazingly, so many people look at and believe that what they are seeing is real.

So when this man uses the ShopNBC people to "save him," he's filling a void. Good for him. But it's so painful to read his words and how he has to save up for the next IWG monstrosity. I bet it's a lot of BS&T to do it, but Skelton and Davis and the others of their ilk will only be too happy to take what few dollars he has from him.

And that, if you have checked it out, is what's left on WG. It's aging single men and spinster women and people who wouldn't know a watch if it shat upon them. It's Mr. Softie everywhere you look, going on and on about the latest female show host or the funny thing Jimbo said about monkeys. A huge key is how Davis and his cronies are milking the site of everyone who doesn't sing "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing" in unison. Now, the site is a shell of what it used to be at its height; nothing's left except the lonely, the dateless, the sexless, the walking wounded, and the truly gullible - and people like Mr. Oversized and Mr. Backfly, guys who yearn to be big fishes in very small ponds, as if it makes them stronger or smarter somehow.

Just remember, Glenn Beck drew 85,000 in Washington yesterday. The problem isn't his message, not all at. It's that people desperately felt they needed a leader, no matter who it is. But what so many people can't see past with people like Skelton, Beck, Benny Hinn, Hulk Hogan, whoever - they're all just trying to sell you something. Nobody's saving your soul; this stuff is about commerce, not conviction. It's about ratings, not redemption. And in IWG's case, it's smoke and mirrors, never quality, as they present really cheap watches masquerading as collectables.

It's all so incredibly sad, and I mean really sad. People at WG put down those who go to malls to buy watches. They put down jewelers who won't touch IWG shit. The put down brands such as Rolex and Brietling that at least strive for the highest quality possible.

It's the truly stupid, damning what they can't have. IWG buyers do it all the time; they try to equate their $500 watch to a $5,000 one, then leave the house with heir heirloom on their wrist...as well as their shorts and t-shirts and white socks with sandals. They don't even come close to getting it. Or anything else, it seems.

I feel for that guy, Lies. But then again, some people can't get out of their own way. And, as always, it's pure slime like Davis and Skelton that are out there to take full advantage of them. After all:

"WG stands for goodness."

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 29th 2010, 8:53am

same guy that posted Jill is Hot! As stated above by Tererity and others, I feel for the guy but he needs to give hiself credit, not huckers or grifters on tv.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » August 29th 2010, 9:49am

Excellent post, Temerity.

When I was at an independant TV station 15 or so years ago, the biggest client was Robert Tilton, with his Success N Life Ministries. This was a paid program (basically a religious infomercial).
He absolutely fed on shut-ins and the most vulnerable, just like WG's and ShopNBC does.

TV Huckster preachers are to Christianity what JS/MD/EL are to horology. A black eye.

Post by Guest » August 29th 2010, 10:51am

Freaking incredible how he creates Idols out of shitbag JS and Fuck brand Infecta, uses that shit brand as a crutch, get real.

This is fake stuff imo, who knows how far these snake oil saleman will go.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 29th 2010, 11:11am

Actually, if the guy is for real, and he gets some happiness out of Invicta watches and watching the shows, I've got no problem with it. I feel sorry for the guy, but he's not hurting anything. I'd leave him be and allow him to find what joy he can.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 29th 2010, 11:41am

conjurer,

In most cases, I agree -each to their own. But what if this person orders diamonds and get crystals, or faulty movements, or other sham claims? What if he spends his good, hard-earned cash on something that's ersatz, or not as presented?

That's not fair. And that's why the whole WG way of doing things cheeses me off.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 29th 2010, 11:48am

One last thing:

Jeez. I just re-read that letter. Good lord; I actually feel like buying the guy and his son those watches...if I could only believe it's true. But WG being WG..who knows what to think about anything.

Post by Guest » August 29th 2010, 12:27pm

It,s a good post TemerityB, however I agree with your last post. As I was reading it I couldn,t help wondering if this was a put on fabricated by someone at Invicta or Skelton himself. If watching Invicta pulled him out of his depression, well I guess thats good for him for a while. I just wonder how he's going to feel if he has to start sending watches back for repair and dealing with their customer service.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » August 29th 2010, 1:03pm

Stories like this one seem to be much more prevalent at geeks. It might be true but I'm inclined to call BS, based on the amount of problems he has had and the fact that it ends with his saying what watch he is wanting but can't get.
This stuff isn't new and not totally confined to WG though they hold the current record for sympathy watch give-aways.
Guess I'm just cold - hearted.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » August 29th 2010, 1:28pm

Foggy, I have no idea whether this particular guy is a BSer, but I fell for the line once and gave a guy a watch after a particularly heart-wrenching story of unemployment due to disability, wife wouldn't let him buy, etc.

Less than a week after he got my watch, he "went on a roll" and posted a half dozen brand new watches in "Look what I got" over the next few months.

Either he hit the lotto or there were more suckers than me falling for his BS.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » August 29th 2010, 1:33pm

Amazing how WG has become a replacement for actual human interaction for some people there. Sharing things that should be reserved for only the most significant people in your life.

Some guy the other day posted something about should he worry if his knee pain caused him to black out. CALL YOUR DOCTOR IDIOT!

Very sad.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”