Pet Peeve - Selling a watch

Watch Noob
Banned

Pet Peeve - Selling a watch

Post by Watch Noob » February 19th 2010, 2:32pm

If you are going to sell a watch, post a fuggin picture or 3. Nothing I detest more than the lazy ass that can't post a pic yet expects to sell a watch.
Watch Noob
Banned

Re: Pet Peeve - Selling a watch

Post by Watch Noob » February 19th 2010, 4:31pm

Datsun240Z71 wrote:So true.

Just like the sales po0st that says: "It has a small mark on the clasp that could be easily buffed out."
Then why not do it and not have to mention it?
Are you that lazy?

exactly. I think the same thing. Wouldn't the Ad go so much smoother with it saying "no scratches visible"? Put a little effort in people :albino:
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » February 19th 2010, 6:35pm

Can't understand why some people don't include pictures. No pictures, I move on. I'm too lazy to email for pics or research the model myself. There are a lot of other things in the sales forums that make me scratch my head. Saw a sales post recently where the watch was only worn once and the rubber strap was the most comfortable they'd ever worn. Moreover they mentioned the rubber strap was the only one ever used on the watch. Worn once and only used one strap-okay.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » February 19th 2010, 6:51pm

I am ever wary of the "watch is running and keeping good time" line.
Take a day or two of checking and explain what "good time" is.
When I sell I go out of my way to present the watch in the best way possible-with pictures that you don't need to e-mail me for.
Watch Noob
Banned

Post by Watch Noob » February 20th 2010, 5:17am

Good points guys and @Mark, I think he was sure the watch only had one rubber strap ever used on it. :geek:
I guess you could say our gripes fit any commodity that you are trying to sell, it seems common sense is lacking with some individuals.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”