Sandstone

Re: Sandstone

Post by Guest » August 7th 2010, 5:40pm

Green sandstone mod i built....

better known as dupli-color spray paint and it has more sparkle than any of their shit!!!
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » August 8th 2010, 4:07am

LIES ALL LIES!!! wrote:The only companies I have ever seen offer it is Invicta and Swiss Legend. Does anyone else know of any other brands who have offered it?

No... those two, are the only ones claiming sandstone made dials, I really don't know much on sandstone, aside from that they are use as decorative elements for fire places, building materials landscaping etc.
That been said, I can't see reducing sandstone to a watch dial thickness without pulverizing the stone, of course they do come with different inter- grain cementing material depending on % of bonding material but at the end of the day they are sandy .
Judging Invicta's pass performance, I have almost no doubt ... that's another missleading statement claiming that they really mean to imply that looks like sandstone
Then again, take into consideration, that I always assume Invicta is lying, so I tend to be bias......

Last edited by Anonymous on August 8th 2010, 4:12am, edited 1 time in total.
andrema

Post by andrema » August 8th 2010, 4:35am

I think they mean that sand got mixed with the paint and they were too cheap to remix...hence, "sandstone" :D
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » August 8th 2010, 5:01am

bodypeersur wrote:Isn't sandstone very fragile? I can't believe you could cut it thin enough to make a watch dial and not break it. Could be like the MOP sticker that got wrinkled. Hmm, I wonder.....

If you've ever picked up a piece of real natural sandstone at let's say 1/2" thick, you could crush it in your hands. These dials are definitely not cut pieces. It may be sandstone, but it was probably sandstone dust blown onto a backing material to give it structure.
Drifter on Watchlords
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » August 8th 2010, 5:32am

Last edited by Anonymous on August 8th 2010, 6:45am, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » August 8th 2010, 6:41am

Of course :D .....now it makes sense.
TimeMachine

Post by TimeMachine » August 8th 2010, 9:33am

A while back Eyal showed on air a large piece of raw sandstone. First they cut a smooth surface across the large piece. Then they polish that surface to bring out the sparkle. Then they coat the polised surface with a lacquer to preserve it's structure. Then they make a thin slice to use as the dial material.

Post by Guest » August 8th 2010, 9:37am

They show lots of things...does not make it real. Remember how the big thing on the SAS was that the bolts in the bezel and the screws through the caseback were screwed together to make the watch a big solid sandwich?

Jim said he had one taken apart and was going to provide pics as proof...never happend, then of course the decorative fake bolts started falling out of peoples bezels...the game was up.

Does not matter what Eyal shows you on TV...cannot take it at face value.
TimeMachine

Post by TimeMachine » August 8th 2010, 9:43am

Agreed! There have been a ton of instances of Invicta lies, and when the evidence is presented I join with the voices to point them out. But, I don't jump the gun and start declaring things as being lies until there is evidence to support it, regardless of how many there have been in the past.
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » August 8th 2010, 10:11am

TimeMachine wrote:Agreed! There have been a ton of instances of Invicta lies, and when the evidence is presented I join with the voices to point them out. But, I don't jump the gun and start declaring things as being lies until there is evidence to support it, regardless of how many there have been in the past.

As is your right, TM. However, once someone has been established as a congenital liar; it's hard for me to believe any questionable statement they make.

Do you actually think the dials on sub-$100 Invictas are from thin slices of natural sandstone? I certainly don't.
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » August 8th 2010, 10:30am

I am not proclaiming Invicta is lying here. However I am suspect of their claims as any reasonable person would be and wish to see if this claim is real or yet another lie waiting to be exposed.

Being only Invicta and Swiss Legend are using sandstone dials that makes me question sandstone dials in general even more. Not exactly two upstanding and sterling companies here.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » August 8th 2010, 10:47am

I am not saying that Sandstone doesn't exist either. I am saying of the natural sandstone I have held in my younge years, it is very brittle and can crumble in your hand. Maybe there are other types of sandstone that can be cut. I have not been exposed to those. As Cheez stated, with the long history of lies lately from Invicta, you have to question everything they put out now.
Drifter on Watchlords
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1043975795

Post by Bigjimzlll » August 8th 2010, 11:52am

Somethings not quite right with sub 100 dollar sandstone.
When the Swiss auto Pro Diver came out it was substantially more expensive than the non sand stone PD.
The reason, because the sand stone is SO valuable. The same with the abortion Reserve Japan Lupah. The sand stone cost the same as the Gibeon Meteorite.
Now they add sand stone to sub 100 buck, diamond incrusted fine Gold Molecular....ah shit you know what I mean.
I call Bull Shit.
Either they lied in the begining or they are lying now...period
eddiea

Post by eddiea » August 8th 2010, 12:38pm

BigCheez wrote:
TimeMachine wrote:Agreed! There have been a ton of instances of Invicta lies, and when the evidence is presented I join with the voices to point them out. But, I don't jump the gun and start declaring things as being lies until there is evidence to support it, regardless of how many there have been in the past.

As is your right, TM. However, once someone has been established as a congenital liar; it's hard for me to believe any questionable statement they make.

Do you actually think the dials on sub-$100 Invictas are from thin slices of natural sandstone? I certainly don't.

Both Invicta and Shop, have no credibility, both entities are plague with compulsive liars and worst, that seems to be their corporate culture .. So in my book, is safe to asume they are lying, until proven otherwise... sad isnt' it?
eddiea

Post by eddiea » August 8th 2010, 12:46pm

BigCheez wrote:Sad, Eddie? Yes. But certainly since the definition of insanity is "doing the same thing and expecting different results", believing anything from Eyal, MD20/20 or Jim Skelton would be absolutely NUTS!

Totally agree!!!

Post by Guest » August 8th 2010, 1:38pm

Does anyone own this POS??????? well I do, and it is sprayed on dyed glitter, with a pos movement. I also researched this "stone" and in this form IT DOES NOT EXIST. I paid 89 bucks just to see what all the fuss was about........just more fodder that I will keep for future litigations.......the kookaid just doesnt wear off as fast on some people................

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”