NEW REPLY FROM SWISS FED ON SENT PICS!!!!!!!

Re: NEW REPLY FROM SWISS FED ON SENT PICS!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 2:09pm

Im no expert on such Issues but Isn't this out right consumer fraud? Im thinking some of these watches have nothing at all to do with Swiss/ Swiss movement/Swiss made/etc. The watch Is made In China and so Is the movement. What conection to Switzerland do these things have? (rhetorical)
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 13th 2010, 9:05pm

TemerityB wrote:koi, I know that ShopNBC took down videos claiming "all-Swiss" for some of their Swinese products when the truth started to come out. Do any of them still exist...anywhere - and could they be sent to the proper authorities?

Some still exist. I have one of Jill saying it.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 13th 2010, 9:08pm

Bigjimzlll wrote:I'm surprised they answered in english. I'd be willing to send them several Invicta's(the whole watch) if it would really help...but I just don't buy it.

I received a short letter from Yves this evening thanking us. I am going to put all of the swiss eses stuff in one area and send them the link. They are pissed at this point as far as lawyers can be pissed. I suspect this has been a thorn in their side for awhile now but no real proof was availble to them

1946-2006

Post by Guest » July 14th 2010, 12:47am

I've been thinking that you may want to consider filing w/ the U.S. attorney. There's a law that protects the consumer from buying merchandise in that what the seller states is what should be expected when purchased. In the case of invicta, the sellers purported that the watches were swiss made and/or swiss movements and this obviously is not the case.

I think the hard part may be proving that the sellers (even though we all know better) knowingly lied during sales presentations and knew that the watches were not what built to the specs as stated. Sure, one can infer that they "should have know," but proving it is another story. Need to get the AG involved.

Just my .02.

Post by Guest » July 14th 2010, 12:50am

TemerityB wrote:koi, I know that ShopNBC took down videos claiming "all-Swiss" for some of their Swinese products when the truth started to come out. Do any of them still exist...anywhere - and could they be sent to the proper authorities?

I think this in itself, is an admission of guilt!
Mark

Post by Mark » July 14th 2010, 1:38am

gkm wrote:

I think this in itself, is an admission of guilt!

On who's part? If Shop pulled them it is most likely because they are not sure so why take chances versus Eyal telling them the truth.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 14th 2010, 4:55am

gkm wrote:I've been thinking that you may want to consider filing w/ the U.S. attorney. There's a law that protects the consumer from buying merchandise in that what the seller states is what should be expected when purchased. In the case of invicta, the sellers purported that the watches were swiss made and/or swiss movements and this obviously is not the case.

I think the hard part may be proving that the sellers (even though we all know better) knowingly lied during sales presentations and knew that the watches were not what built to the specs as stated. Sure, one can infer that they "should have know," but proving it is another story. Need to get the AG involved.

Just my .02.

And a good 2 cents worth too. I have provided the Oregon Dept of Justice with 2 watches labeled Swiss. One I purchased from an outlet having Invicta watches and the other belonged to my son. We shall see what happens.

1946-2006

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » July 14th 2010, 7:07am

You know, guys...that's right. Pulling those videos is SUCH an admission of guilt! Everyone involved here - Lalo, Gorda, Turdling, Jill, Temple, everyone at ShopNBC - knows exactly they are doing. This isn't sloppiness, or forgetfulness, or mistakes.

Invicta Watch Group is a scam organization, and everyone listed is involved. And pulling videos with "incriminating statements" on them is just so fucking obvious.

Let's get these bastards....let's not let up, not even for a second. I'm serious; these people are gonna pay for the shit they pull on consumers.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » July 14th 2010, 9:00am

Ya know I will say this ... other than Gorona Corda spouting Swiss Made all the time I honestly cant remember any knowledgeable ShopNBC host spewing the lies. Its as if they actually knew and would not purger themselves and they would leave it up to the FartinArse Turdling, Laylow Lalo or Jillianna to spew the falsities of the claim.

I'm probably wrong but for quite along time now only Skelton and Invicta people have blatantly falsely claimed the untrue and as of the latest airings Jimmy the liar was now touting the whole Swiss Parts Movement thing and Far East construction using Swiss parts and such. Now why exactly would he be doing that himself unless ShopNBC clamped down on his little baby boy balls and ... well ... maybe Eyal told him he had to and he said Yes Daddy.
Mark

Post by Mark » July 14th 2010, 9:04am

FWIW, I think most of the female hosts don't care about the watches once the camera is off them so I am sure they did not know. Shawn, while a watch person I don't think got into bed with the religious people who own the brands on shopnbc. So I don't think he knew but he knows now..

I see jawbone saying far east assembly like it is something special. Give me a fucking break. Far East as in 3rd world Country that cannot produce anything of quality itself. So glamorous. but then again how big of a LOG can you put in jawbone's unnaturally sized mouth.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » July 14th 2010, 1:51pm

JtN© wrote:Watchlods efforts or the latest continual whining and crying of the WatchGeeks? They could really honestly care less about what this site or any other site says about them but they do care about the little FreakyGeeks.

Care to elaborate Jtn?
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » July 14th 2010, 4:07pm

As much as I would like to see Invicta suffer the consequences of their misleading marketing I have to say that I find this attempt to bring them down and/or make them accountable as quixotic at best.
I don't think Eyal or his legal team are that inept.
He will triumph once again with only minimal losses,if any.
JMHO as a long term and charter member of the "do not trust Invicta or EL,JS,MD association".
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » July 14th 2010, 5:52pm

foghorn wrote:As much as I would like to see Invicta suffer the consequences of their misleading marketing I have to say that I find this attempt to bring them down and/or make them accountable as quixotic at best.
I don't think Eyal or his legal team are that inept.
He will triumph once again with only minimal losses,if any.
JMHO as a long term and charter member of the "do not trust Invicta or EL,JS,MD association".

I don't know.

While I am sure Eyal has quite a legal team, from my purview his business philosophy has been and always will be make the quick buck now and worry about consequences later if they come up. In my opinion Invicta and Eyal do not think long term but rather quickest returns for profit.

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » July 14th 2010, 6:20pm

Lies,

I agree with you. These guys are of the cut-and-run, MLM style of salesmanship. In fact, S. Fingers of late has been saying things like "don't think, just buy it," which is a classic MLM con - don't let your dupe have a minute to think for himself. I honestly think that Lalo just thinks that once his lies are told, always rattled off in speedy talk, they just evaporate. When he's cornered, it's "he misspoke" or, as this has been inferred on WG, A nobody actually mentioned once that it was a language thing!

It's just snake oil. If the shit really hits the fan, I predict this: Invicta, at least on TV, will do what religious figures like Peter Popoff or shady business guys like Kevin Trudeau do. They'll just go away...but just long enough so that people forget their original transgressions. Then they'll reappear and start the whole con all over again.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » July 14th 2010, 7:35pm

TemerityB wrote:Lies,

I agree with you. These guys are of the cut-and-run, MLM style of salesmanship. In fact, S. Fingers of late has been saying things like "don't think, just buy it," which is a classic MLM con - don't let your dupe have a minute to think for himself. I honestly think that Lalo just thinks that once his lies are told, always rattled off in speedy talk, they just evaporate. When he's cornered, it's "he misspoke" or, as this has been inferred on WG, A nobody actually mentioned once that it was a language thing!

It's just snake oil. If the shit really hits the fan, I predict this: Invicta, at least on TV, will do what religious figures like Peter Popoff or shady business guys like Kevin Trudeau do. They'll just go away...but just long enough so that people forget their original transgressions. Then they'll reappear and start the whole con all over again.

Yep, or just come back under a new brand name and restart the whole con again.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”