NEW REPLY FROM SWISS FED ON SENT PICS!!!!!!!

NEW REPLY FROM SWISS FED ON SENT PICS!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 6:21am

I believe I finally made some progress, if you have ANY pics, please send them to Mr. Bugmann!!!!!!! Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your message. The marking “Swiss” on this watch constitutes, from my point of view, a clear violation of Swiss and US law. We will discuss this issue with our lawyers in the US and the Swiss authorities.

We are very grateful for the attention that you pay to the Swiss watch industry.

Kind regards

Yves

Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH

Yves Bugmann

Head of Legal Division

CH-2501 Bienne

Tel +41 (0)32 328 08 28; Fax +41 (0)32 328 08 80

www.fhs.ch

Envoyé : dimanche, 11. juillet 2010 04:53
À : Yves Bugmann
Objet : Re: Message du site public

Dear sir, thank you very much for your response, I've included pics of a Lupah dragon labeled "swiss" on the dial with a chinese made Ronda inside...obviously mis labeled.

Does Invicta, infact, have their "swiss made" labeled watches cased, inspected in your country? And cant you thru your government order a cease and disist order against them to no longer label swiss made, as I believe thru others, that they dont even have a "swiss' factory? There are thousands if not millions in the USA that own this "sham" watch......and I would like to protect my country from these fraudulent practises. thanks for you time. Paul

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 8:54 AM

Subject: RE: Message du site public

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your message regarding INVICTA and for your interest in the Swiss watch industry.

For several reasons, we know this brand very well. Our federation protects the Swiss geographical indications all over the world. Unfortunately, some countries and companies have rather to be considered as careless regarding the enforcement of intellectual property rights and especially the use of geographical indications.

We would appreciate if you could send us some more information (pictures etc.) about the models or the advertisements which attest, in this specific case and in your opinion, the abuse of the geographical indication “Swiss”. This would make it easier to intervene….

Best regards

Yves Bugmann

Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH

Yves Bugmann

Head of Legal Division

CH-2501 Bienne

Tel +41 (0)32 328 08 28; Fax +41 (0)32 328 08 80

www.fhs.ch

Envoyé : lundi, 5. juillet 2010 20:57
À : [email protected]
Objet : Message du site public

Message du site public
Service concerné :
--------------------------------------------------------

Raison sociale : n/a

After all the lieing being done by Invicta, are you filing any legal action for them to cease with thier false labeling of thier watches? Or contacted the US customs to complain? The Real Swiss watch industry is being harmed by this company. thanks for your attention, Paul

-------------------------------------------------------

Re: NEW REPLY FROM SWISS FED ON SENT PICS!!!!!!!

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 6:55am

Well, when those fools over there dont listen, cop an attitude, pooh pooh ya,ya get what ya deserve. I say flood the Swiss Watch Federation with pics!!!! nothin' worse than a consumer scorned.
Last edited by Guest on July 13th 2010, 12:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 13th 2010, 9:31am

sent on along with links to this forum and the site with the pdf files.

The photos of the white watch were taken awhile back by I believe Automovmt from WTF.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 13th 2010, 10:13am

Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry

Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry

Rue d'Argent 6

Bienne, CH-2501 Switzerland
Mr Yves Bugmann
Tel: 0041323280828
Fax: 0041323280880
E-mail: [email protected]

Eidgenössisches Institut für Geistiges Eigentum

Institut Fédéral de la Propriété Intellectuelle

Istituto Federale della Proprietà Intellettuale

Swiss Federal Institute of Intellectual Property

Einsteinstrasse 2, CH-3003 Bern
Tel +41 (0)31 325 25 25
Fax +41 (0)31 325 25 26
Mail [email protected]

Website: www.ige.ch (de) www.ipi.ch (fr) www.ipi.ch (it) www.ipi.ch (en)

Schweizer Plattform gegen Fälschung und Piraterie

Plate-forme suisse de lutte contre la contrefaçon et la piraterie

Swiss Anti-Counterfeiting and Piracy Platform
Einsteinstrasse 2
3003 Bern
Tel. 031 325 2100
Fax 031 325 2200

E-mail: [email protected]

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » July 13th 2010, 11:01am

Gents,

I'm actually at work right now, and I'm logging in here praying that my office doesn't use a proxy server. Hopefully they don't.

In any event - THIS is the news we've been waiting for. As we collectively have raised our voices against the shady business practices of this terrible company, I was starting to become afraid that all these facts were locked in about six or seven blogs, with never the truth to leak out.

All I can say is, let us not stop here. If any of us have proof, we should contact the Swiss Federation. If we have facts, bring them to those in the know (I'm proud to say I contacted a pretty noteworthy person in the watch press about all this). And most of all: If you know anyone, anywhere, who is about to make the mistake that so many other well-meaning watch buyers have, do everything you can to make sure they don't.

I don't like seeing people getting ripped off, and IWG does it in about eight or nine ways. It's time they get what's comin' to 'em.

As I wrote on another post, it made me sick to my stomach to watch Turdling and Skelton on TV last night, giggling and joking and making cute little "insider" comments....cackling like "we got away with it," knowing full well what IWG is doing, has done, and plans to do to buyers in the future. We got away with it.

Sure you did, buffoons. Sure you did.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » July 13th 2010, 11:07am

What really puzzles me is , if the Swiss know Invicta well for several reasons (as they stated), why they have to wait , basically be put on the spot to act?
Anyway, good work Geeknomo!! let's see what happens.... Image
Last edited by Anonymous on July 13th 2010, 12:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 13th 2010, 12:04pm

The marking “Swiss” on this watch constitutes, from my point of view, a clear violation of Swiss and US law. We will discuss this issue with our lawyers in the US and the Swiss authorities.

That's the best thing I've read on any watch site this year. I mean, that's the goods right there.

Just SO nice to see the ball rolling, at the very least.

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 12:06pm

Ive been holding my breath for about 5 years, and am now naturally blue. You dont think the Swiss Fed is pissed big time about this? I dont think they are part of the scam........and they are much bigger than infectya........
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 13th 2010, 12:20pm

koi, I know that ShopNBC took down videos claiming "all-Swiss" for some of their Swinese products when the truth started to come out. Do any of them still exist...anywhere - and could they be sent to the proper authorities?

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 1:39pm

[quote="eddiea"]What really puzzles me is , if the Swiss know Invicta well for several reasons (as they stated), why they have to wait , basically be put on the spot to act?
Anyway, good work Geeknomo!! let's see what happens.... [img]htt

Very good question, maybe because Ifectya was bringing alot of biz to the swiss watch movement companies, and as long as they thought they were "sorta" following the rules, they'd let it slide........but now, with proof they are 'soiling' the Swiss name, they will have to do something..........I'm sure Rolex would like to put it's foot in this thing too.

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 1:47pm

here is where the problems lies, not sure TAG wants that door wide open after the seiko movement fiasco. They need to tighten the laws up its too damn easy to put swiss on the dial! global economy or not there is too many places not telling the truth about where the parts or the work is being done! It's not right if a movement is put together in china but you do some custom work to the rotor and a few other parts in switzerland you can put swiss on the dial!

Post by Guest » July 13th 2010, 1:51pm

Cali kid, I agree, the law is sooooooooooo vague, I have read that the Swiss gov is trying to change the parameters of the law, like increase the "cost" clause to 60-80%. I have complained ad nauseum about this for naught. Maybe now it will get some legs.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”