With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: OFFICIAL STATEMENT From Chris Becker & Eyal Lalo Regarding Speedway Issues

Post by Mark1 » June 26th 2010, 10:41am

So what has been resolved? The movements were acquired legitimately (but not sold by DD to Invicta).
How was Invicta working directly with DD to produce these watches? What other future projects were in jeopardy due to DDs sloppy movements? The only thing I see resolved is that Chris Becker is now officially recognized, by all parties, as a genuine DD representative. Apologies to Chris Becker, DD and Koi are forthcoming-I'm certain.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 26th 2010, 5:08pm

Unofficial WG/Invicta Apologist Rankings, compiled 9:45 pm EST, June 26
(Non-Mods rankings)

Champeen:
nycruza
The all-time leader in "mine's fine, you're an idiot if you don't love the big I." Continues to have the fashion sense of a lamp post
Contenders:
1. Flyback
A world class tool who knows everything ... but how to please the opposite gender
2. 50mm&up
Claims to be the one who "finishes fights, not starts 'em"; can't understand why all women don't like the Sawx, pickled eggs, Beer Nuts, and wife beater t-shirts
3. Karns944
Actual statement on the D/D statement post: "I will never doubt again." Actual statement from women when he walks into a party: "I will never date again."
4. deejay2772
Statement on D/D post, "Great update that satisfies me as an Invicta Owner n likely purchaser of a future DD Invicta collabo!" actually qualifies him for food stamps and other government assistance
5. RipItRon
We can't say what this WG rips, as it would be in very poor taste
6. DaveB
Voted sexiest of all the Sunday School monitors
7. chitown
WG trivia: The "chi" in this member's name actually stands for "Chinese"
8. Watch Crazy
Posts deemed "Most Eye-Jarring, Not To Mention Incoherent" for two years running
9. JacksBlues
Actual statement "I still love my Speedway and plan to buy another as soon as they are offered again" earns this WG a coupon from Joe's Discount Shock Treatments
10. MamboKing
"I love my DD Speedway and feel lucky to have one," says this "senior" WG; statement so blatantly crazy that he made the real mambo king, Carlos Sanchez of Honeymooners fame, retire in shame

Rankings copyright 2010, (Bathtub) Ring Magazine

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » June 26th 2010, 5:19pm

lol at TemerityB's post. So true for many of your thoughts. I know when I was a Member there, I avoided WatchCrazy's posts like the plague. The guy is definitely on ludes or something, not only can you not comprehend his posts, you don't even want to take the time to read that format.

50mm&Up is a fat slob, he'd shit his pants if I showed up to his house.

Flyback (Brad) is a Tool. He's a pompous asshole who thinks he knows best in all circumstances. I had hopes for him when he quit his Mod position, but it seems he only did it to have more time to suck ass.

Drifter on Watchlords
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 26th 2010, 5:29pm

Watch Noob,

Now you have ME laughing....as usual, you're right on the money.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 26th 2010, 8:20pm

I have forwarded threads that are in reaction to the joint statements from 4 forums to DD. Let them see what people think.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TimeMachine

Post by TimeMachine » June 27th 2010, 8:04am

Good for you Alain! I'm really glad to hear that. Maybe someone at DD will recognize that statement did nothing more than to calm the kool-aid drinking fuzzy bunnies. It has done nothing to help the black eye that DD suffered in the real world at the hands of Invicta. Keep us posted if you get a reply back from them.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”