The Invicta Meteorite Dials.....

eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

The Invicta Meteorite Dials.....

Post by eddiea » June 15th 2010, 4:05pm

In light of the recent DD fiasco and Invicta's labyrinth of deception, lies covering other lies etc...
It occurs to me to me if the Meteorite dials they use are actually real, claimed by El Lalo of Invicta been one of only two watch companies in the world allowed to mined, Rolex been the other one,wonder is that is a lie too....

Re: The Invicta Meteorite Dials.....

Post by Guest » June 15th 2010, 4:26pm

The dials are real, but there are more than 2 companies using it so don't believe that bunch of bull. Yeah, the cut and polishing may not be anything to write home about, you can see that the dial is nowhere near the quality of other high end brands.

Much like anything else, it is a sales tactic
eddiea

Post by eddiea » June 15th 2010, 4:49pm

Watchnublet wrote:The dials are real, but there are more than 2 companies using it so don't believe that bunch of bull. Yeah, the cut and polishing may not be anything to write home about, you can see that the dial is nowhere near the quality of other high end brands.

Much like anything else, it is a sales tactic

Now, a pre-loved Rolex Meteorite dial is around $1,000 US depending on the dealer source, gray or fully legit... granted, Rolex have some unrealistic prices but even taking that onto account, Invicta pricing on new Meteorite dials pieces seems unlikely ...unless like you said, they are using very, very crappy craftmanship or is simply one of those fabled Chinese meteorites.....
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by WatchDorks.Net » June 15th 2010, 5:30pm

In all fairness, I've not heard JS and crew say that Invicta and Rolex are the only 2 companies that have ever produced meteorite dials. They said (and yes, it's a subtle distinction) that those are the only 2 companies producing meteorite dials IN QUANTITY, which, if you look around, is actually true.

Invicta has many spurious claims, but I don't count this as one of them. Also, I've looked at some of the other brands that have meteorite dials, e.g., Swiss Legend, and they must be using a meteorite other than Gibeon, as the texture and striations look nothing like Invicta, whereas the meteorite dials of Rolex and Invicta have virtually identical characteristics.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » June 15th 2010, 6:24pm

BigCheez wrote:I have an Ocean Ghost with very nice meteorite...

Ditto.

I also had a Speedway XL in meteorite that had excellent striations, but just wasn't a large enough expanse of meteorite to suit me. Even though the OG is a smaller watch than the Speedway, its surface area of meteorite is actually quite larger.

boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » June 16th 2010, 4:46am

heavyharmonies wrote:In all fairness, I've not heard JS and crew say that Invicta and Rolex are the only 2 companies that have ever produced meteorite dials. They said (and yes, it's a subtle distinction) that those are the only 2 companies producing meteorite dials IN QUANTITY, which, if you look around, is actually true.

Invicta has many spurious claims, but I don't count this as one of them. Also, I've looked at some of the other brands that have meteorite dials, e.g., Swiss Legend, and they must be using a meteorite other than Gibeon, as the texture and striations look nothing like Invicta, whereas the meteorite dials of Rolex and Invicta have virtually identical characteristics.

It is another lie. Simply google meteorite dial watch and see for yourself. I've owned about a half dozen Invicta meteorite dials watches, all have as much texture as a Movado dial. Crap.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » June 16th 2010, 6:24am

boscoe wrote:
heavyharmonies wrote:In all fairness, I've not heard JS and crew say that Invicta and Rolex are the only 2 companies that have ever produced meteorite dials. They said (and yes, it's a subtle distinction) that those are the only 2 companies producing meteorite dials IN QUANTITY, which, if you look around, is actually true.

It is another lie. Simply google meteorite dial watch and see for yourself. I've owned about a half dozen Invicta meteorite dials watches, all have as much texture as a Movado dial. Crap.

Yeap...kind that the claimed AAA grade mother of pearl they use...
@HH as for the IN QUANTITY regarding the meteorite statement, I have heard it from El Lalo on TV without that pesky clarification, implying exclusivity ... not to say that you don't have heard it with it, with them it can go both ways depending on Lalo's mood
Last edited by Anonymous on June 16th 2010, 9:43am, edited 1 time in total.
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » June 16th 2010, 8:02am

On the other hand, don't get me started with Invicta's shift to faux MOP stick-on veneer for their dials.

Newsflash: real MOP doesn't bubble, wrinkle, or fold. It splits or shatters. Check out the pic below. You've got bubbled MOP at the bottom and a wrinkle going across from 9 to 3. It's like window film that wasn't properly squeegeed at time of application.

Grade AAA, my furry left nut.

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » June 16th 2010, 8:16am

heavyharmonies wrote:On the other hand, don't get me started with Invicta's shift to faux MOP stick-on veneer for their dials.

Newsflash: real MOP doesn't bubble, wrinkle, or fold. It splits or shatters. Check out the pic below. You've got bubbled MOP at the bottom and a wrinkle going across from 9 to 3. It's like window film that wasn't properly squeegeed at time of application.

When this issue came up, I remember searching the Net for MOP stickers and linked a place that actualy does them. That is proably's Invicta's source for AAA MOP decals
Drifter on Watchlords
BigCheez
ASSHAT

Post by BigCheez » June 16th 2010, 10:49am

Watch Noob wrote:
heavyharmonies wrote:On the other hand, don't get me started with Invicta's shift to faux MOP stick-on veneer for their dials.

When this issue came up, I remember searching the Net for MOP stickers and linked a place that actualy does them. That is proably's Invicta's source for AAA MOP decals

http://www.zazzle.com/bear_chihuapom_bruno_pug_pearl_pugboston_photo_01_sticker-217532633900258928
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 18th 2020, 11:52am

They're still at it, too. Any cursory glance at ShopPU, and there's Justin whoever braying about how rare these dials are.

Suckas!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”