Aquadive Mods @ WUS

Post by bedlam » July 22nd 2012, 9:29pm

Just got this on WUS

isofrane

Join Date Apr 2010
Posts 24

slandering

Sir,

since November 2011, the staff of Isofrane and Aquadive has followed your campaign of slandering both brands on every occasion and opportunity available. Your personal opinions are very well respected, and the potential in your knowledge should be a source for education to the WIS, but regrettably, in nearly every post, you inject a slanderous or untruthful statement towards either of the brands, with what seems to be your sustained attempt to cause damage to both brands.

The site owner and the moderators are informed about this intolerable situation, so slow down and try to take your animosities with the brands with the owners directly. This is a notice that your account will be suspended permanently if your campaign should continue.

Thank you for your understanding
best regards
Isofrane and Aquadive moderator

This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, this message contains information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, publication or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by returning the PM.

My reply:

Re: slandering

Thanks for your note.

To my knowledge I have not posted anything which is untrue about Aquadive or Isofrane. If you could provide evidence to the contrary and point to the statements I have made which are then clearly untruthful I will review them and apologise publically.

Cheers,

bedlam
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Aquadive Mods @ WUS

Post by conjurer » July 22nd 2012, 9:44pm

Hmmm. This sounds rather like Doxa, only without the fucking lawyers.

Apparently, you've been a very naughty boy, Carl. What sort of shit have you been peddling? Are you breaking balls that don't need breaking?

Fuck those motherfucking cocksuckers! Fuck those boys, I say! Fuck them all in the ears!

On the bright side, they're not suing you, which is nice.
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bedlam » July 22nd 2012, 10:01pm

Yeah, I have only posted publicly for all to see, nothing back-channel. Their PM is polite code for 'shut-the-fuck-up saying anything but our products are awesome'. It was prompted because I challenged one of their fanbois for posting on the dive forum an advertorial collection of positive comments they had received from buyers. I suggested it was better suited to the Aquadive forum.

The real issues are me discussing the economics of making a synthetic rubber dive strap and saying the Isofrane was a great strap but that we were being way over-charged for it. And posting publicly about the relationship of the Synchron companies (that they deny)
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » July 22nd 2012, 11:00pm

Yeah. Is that good or bad?
Watch Noob

Post by Watch Noob » July 23rd 2012, 4:13am

Sure sounds like the boyz at Isofrane are butthurt over your comments. They make some nice straps, but for anyone who has any knowledge at all about extrusion processes, these boys sure are making a killing. mass murder.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » July 23rd 2012, 4:38am

bedlam wrote:Yeah, I have only posted publicly for all to see, nothing back-channel. Their PM is polite code for 'shut-the-fuck-up saying anything but our products are awesome'. It was prompted because I challenged one of their fanbois for posting on the dive forum an advertorial collection of positive comments they had received from buyers. I suggested it was better suited to the Aquadive forum.

The real issues are me discussing the economics of making a synthetic rubber dive strap and saying the Isofrane was a great strap but that we were being way over-charged for it. And posting publicly about the relationship of the Synchron companies (that they deny)

I tell ya, one of the reasons my post count at WUS are less than 10, in a number of years is because I think the place is a joke ...free and open discussion on watches, unless of course, the owners pocket is affected in any way, or the admin/tools want to win cookie points...
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » July 23rd 2012, 6:06am

koimaster wrote:More like geeks every day.

Very much. Its a viral marketing site which allows some limited comment on the products.
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » July 23rd 2012, 6:08am

Just got an email from a Synchron company rep telling me to cease and desist. Interestingly he had my personal details...so I expect WUS or one of its mods must have given them to him.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Post by mrneddles » July 23rd 2012, 6:11am

bedlam wrote:Just got an email from a Synchron company rep telling me to cease and desist. Interestingly he had my personal details...so I expect WUS or one of its mods must have given them to him.

I would tell them very kindly to take one step back and fuck their own face.
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » July 23rd 2012, 6:43am

How we use it. If you choose to provide us with your e-mail address or other (indirect) personal data, we will process such data in a proper and careful manner and only for legitimate purposes, such as handling your registration, contacting you with regard to your use of any of the forums, or to respond to your inquiry. If, in the future, we undergo any sort of corporate reorganization, we may need to transfer your personal data to the surviving entity. We will disclose your personal data if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will never submit your personal data to third parties for whatever purpose, including for direct marketing purposes. Furthermore, we will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for achieving the purposes for which they were collected and we will implement appropriate measures to secure your personal data against loss or against any form of unlawful processing. At all times, we will process your personal data in accordance with Dutch Data Protection Act.

http://www.watchuseek.com/site/privacy.htm
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » July 23rd 2012, 10:43pm

The plot thickens:
I flagged my concern about the privacy breach at Watchuseek with this Syncron guy and he then admitted to looking up my personal details at Isofrane from a purchase I made.

What he hadn't addressed is why he impersonated a forum moderator in his initial PM! When I queried that he said "The company has member and moderation accounts, moderators have access to your forum account details, as they are entitled to ban, cancel or suspend the account, is this understandable?"

So it appears the fox is running the henhouse in every way. WatchuGeek rulz
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 24th 2012, 4:37am

bedlam wrote:
So it appears the fox is running the henhouse in every way. WatchuGeek rulz

Man, what really..appears , is that the place is a fucking draconian fraud...and it has been that way for a long time, it just that you haven't put the finger on the wound, until now.
themadhungarian

Post by themadhungarian » July 24th 2012, 2:10pm

A few members were discussing WUS just last night and as we chatted I mentioned that I had not registered for the site and probably wouldn't. This seals the deal.

Anthony
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 25th 2012, 3:29am

themadhungarian wrote:A few members were discussing WUS just last night and as we chatted I mentioned that I had not registered for the site and probably wouldn't. This seals the deal.

Anthony

It appears that the ban-hammer was dropped on our mate Bedlam:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/what-happened-our-friend-bedlam-725522.html
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 25th 2012, 4:44am

conjurer wrote:
themadhungarian wrote:A few members were discussing WUS just last night and as we chatted I mentioned that I had not registered for the site and probably wouldn't. This seals the deal.
Anthony

Shame the thread is closed , missed the oportunity to let Mr. Romers have a piece of my mind.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 25th 2012, 5:00am

If you read the entire thread, you do get the feel of how the so colled "Doxa Forum" is openly, a subjet of sarcastic comments among WUS own members, something Romers knows but refuse to acknowledge, sites like WUS, are the reason of the poor health of todays watch forums .
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bedlam » July 25th 2012, 5:14am

Ernie says I was banned because he was told I quoted content from the email of the Synchron rep in a thread here at WL. Seems pretty thin and not really his concern. I admitted openly that I quoted a single sentence related to claims the rep made about how he is able to moderate and access my account and details without limits at WUS. I'd prefer to discuss that at WUS but Ernie doesn't allow it.

I will see where it goes. There are serious privacy issues in play. If Ernie addresses them properly and openly I am happy to let it drop. If not I will take the issue up with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. The complaints process is actually pretty simple. I hope that doesn't have to happen though.

conjurer wrote:

Anthony

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 25th 2012, 6:46am

bigedsurf wrote:It worked an hour ago...........

Watchuseek
Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator.

So what did it say?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”