Atlantic Watches

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Atlantic Watches

Post by TemerityB » June 15th 2012, 3:56pm

This brand is sold at The Watchseller and is primarily distributed in Europe.

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Atlantic Watches

Post by TemerityB » June 15th 2012, 5:08pm

fog, I've kind of been looking for an affordable Swiss brand that can replace Philip, which has become a bit on the overpriced side considering their movements for the most part. I saw some of these on a vintage site and I was kind of impressed - their autos run from VJ7750s to ETAs and I liked the fact they're normally sized; none of them, even the water resistant pieces, seemed to be hubcap sized. I know one guy here in NY who has one and he likes his, but you're the first person I've met otherwise who has one. The Lobels used to carry a much bigger line of them than they do now, unfortunately.

All that noted - yours is a really sharp piece. Like their face work a lot.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: Atlantic Watches

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 25th 2020, 5:10pm

Atlantic is sort of „the average Kowalski’s darling” in PL. Their focus - since the 1950s - was Poland alright. One of the few Swiss brands you could get here in official retail back then. Their vintage stuff is really good.

The case and dial quality is Tissot level, but the finishing on the Sellita and ETA autos and hand-crankers that they use can really be found wanting. At retail, their mechanical stuff isn’t a good deal. At a serious discount, though, if you can find it at such a discount, it’s not bad at all.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”