Sup from atlanta!

bdgrewe74
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Sup from atlanta!

Post by bdgrewe74 » August 22nd 2011, 11:09am

dude wrote:
Welcome

I do remember you, you are way too nice a guy to be caught up in that shit over there.

Come to think about it, you can be the resident nice guy here . . . we have'nt many as it is.

Ok if I'm the resident nice guy then, what r u ? The resident jackass? Image Image jk. But u let it wide open! Lol
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 22nd 2011, 11:39am

Watch Noob wrote:So the pic is of Brian, Ken and Mongo?

LMFAO, Ken you never told me about this gem, I'm gonna ride your ass like a cheap whore. ha, this is priceless.

Which one is wearing the blue watch? DD or newguy?

I've got a similar watch box to the one MD is holding - same size but mine holds 12 watches.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » August 22nd 2011, 11:42am

Hawk wrote:

LMFAO, Ken you never told me about this gem, I'm gonna ride your ass like a cheap whore. ha, this is priceless.

Which one is wearing the blue watch? DD or newguy?

I've got a similar watch box to the one MD is holding - same size but mine holds 12 watches.

I believe that's the Croton Travel Case. I have one as well. Nice little case that came with my Pineapple Diver I've since sold off.
Drifter on Watchlords
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 22nd 2011, 1:17pm

Slowpo wrote:
You sound like a smart fella, my question is what were you thinking buying shit watches like Invicta,SO, ect?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, based on anecdotes posted on a somewhat tight-assed forum, didn't your journey of discovery start with Adee Kaye?

Not to go all kumbaya on you but does it really matter how we came to be here? Just matters that we are?

/kumbaya
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 22nd 2011, 1:34pm

bdgrewe74 wrote:Ditch is in the middle. Was prob 2 years ago. Lol

Thanks.

Usually I'm thankful that I missed 99% of that whole WG thing but that looks like you were actually having a spot of fun.

So what is that blue thing?
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 22nd 2011, 2:05pm

Mongo may have beaten you to it Jim........ I mean, look at that smile on Docs' face. Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1043975795

Post by Bigjimzlll » August 22nd 2011, 2:50pm

You know, as sad as it seems now, when I was caught up in the Koolaide frenzy it was kind of fun. I realize some of our most esteemed members< sic> would still make fun of me(us) for even being naive and gullible enough to fall for it. Lesson learned.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 22nd 2011, 3:21pm

bdgrewe74 wrote:Ok is there a thread or glossary that explains all the nicknames of Michael lol. Koolaid,Mongo ? Wth lol

Not that I'm aware of but it wouldn't be unwelcome.

Offhand, I can think of Mongo, MD20-20, Lumpy, some number corresponding to his inmate number, drool cup, deer in headlights, overbearing, hypocritical...

I, frankly, lose track.

After near a year of reading I'm just now starting to twig to some of them. I had been mostly unaware of "Muscatel Mike" until landing here. It's an ongoing sort of thing.

Post by Guest » August 22nd 2011, 3:35pm

Hawk wrote:
Slowpo wrote:
You sound like a smart fella, my question is what were you thinking buying shit watches like Invicta,SO, ect?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, based on anecdotes posted on a somewhat tight-assed forum, didn't your journey of discovery start with Adee Kaye?

Not to go all kumbaya on you but does it really matter how we came to be here? Just matters that we are?

/kumbaya

You dont miss an opportunity to remind me of the Adee Kaye fiasco.

Back to the OP, there's 5 things you should know about MD
1. He is a cunt
2. He will do anything for money.
3. He is a money grubbing cunt.
4. Did I mention that he really likes money?
5. He's a cunt
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 23rd 2011, 5:16am

Slowpo wrote:
You dont miss an opportunity to remind me of the Adee Kaye fiasco.

It was only twice.

Kumbaya / Olive branch time: Perhaps your anecdote about the Adee Kaye on the other forum actually saved me from similar grief and I might actually be a smidgin grateful?

Serious: I was as new as the driven snow when I read that post and it set off a flurry of research on my part. You may well have saved me some real money.

...last time I'll admit that in an open forum. And I'll leave the AK thing alone in the future.
phephner
Watchlord WIS

Post by phephner » August 23rd 2011, 7:54am

bdgrewe74 wrote:Maybe u should see someone about that. Lol. From a design stand point. And movement it was top drawer. Whatever u think of the owner or brand. That's another story

Well then, I guess I'll make an appointment for this very afternoon with my local lobotomist...

...right after I rat you out to the Gaudy TV Brand Watch Division of the Taste Police.....

LOL right back at 'cha.
mrneddles
Watchlord WIS

Post by mrneddles » August 23rd 2011, 8:08am

Watch Noob wrote:I'm a fan of first and some second generation Renato designs, but when they started launching the "Let's see how much shit I can fit on a dial line", that's when they jumped the shark for me.

Like the Stallion (Roger Dubuis Aquamare rip-off), Cyclops (RD Easydiver rip), or WildeBeast (Hublot rip).
bdgrewe74

Post by bdgrewe74 » August 23rd 2011, 9:08am

phephner wrote:
bdgrewe74 wrote:Maybe u should see someone about that. Lol. From a design stand point. And movement it was top drawer. Whatever u think of the owner or brand. That's another story

Well then, I guess I'll make an appointment for this very afternoon with my local lobotomist...

...right after I rat you out to the Gaudy TV Brand Watch Division of the Taste Police.....

LOL right back at 'cha.

Well this is your opinion...and obviously its impossible for you to consider that not everyone was born with infinite prior knowlege,and unlike you again we sometimes needed to find things out on thier own.

For you to take such a hard line... whats your story...on why you bash so passionately?

... i no longer have this watch.. but it was a very nice piece.. and I base that owning plenty of other watch brands....
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 23rd 2011, 9:15am

As a Renato owner I happen to like the look of the ones I own and for the price I paid, better than many out there at that price point. of couse that is my opinion and it counts as much as those of everyone else......

Except I can ban dissenters........ Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”