If, I say IF Mongo get's shown the Door

Seattle
Senior Member & WIS

Re: If, I say IF Mongo get's shown the Door

Post by Seattle » July 20th 2011, 4:39am

I think some of it would depend on why he was shown the door. If pressure from SNBC caused Eeyor to pull him than I would think that Geeks would be business as usual. Lets not forget, in spite of all of the information made public regarding mongo the Invictards remain diligent (denial) and supportive. I truly believe that some of them would blow him or hand over their children if the opportunity presented itself.

If Eeyor finally got sick of his fat ass, he would be done.

If he were arrested for carrying, well that answers that.

I can't see Eeyor being overly concerned about mongo hurting IWG's reputation. Hell, they lie constantly about their crap watches, offer no customer service and default on their implied warranty. That's their current reputation, yet Geeks still buy....

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » July 20th 2011, 7:12am

In regards to Mongo, there is some evidence that the home shopping channels listen to customer complaints. There was a story on the internet a week or so ago about a Jane Fonda appearance being cancelled by QVC. Apparently, people complained to QVC about her past and appearing there to hawk some new book, according to Fonda anyway. QVC said they merely rescheduled it, when I read the article it had yet to be scheduled again.
Without Mongo, WG will go on. Eyal will bleed it for every nickel he can. Maybe he could bring in Rebecca to run it.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
OTMF
Senior Member & WIS

Post by OTMF » July 20th 2011, 7:31am

Homeshoppingista's blog on G.I. Jane's cancellation.
http://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/jane-fonda-makes-headlines-blasting-qvc-for-cancelling-her-appearance/

I just can't watch ShopNBC anymore. Tim gives me a migrain, Skip is like watching paint dry, Shawn is only on at 3am. And when MD is on, I cannot change the channel fast enough.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » July 20th 2011, 7:59am

Mark1 wrote:In regards to Mongo, there is some evidence that the home shopping channels listen to customer complaints. There was a story on the internet a week or so ago about a Jane Fonda appearance being cancelled by QVC. Apparently, people complained to QVC about her past and appearing there to hawk some new book, according to Fonda anyway. QVC said they merely rescheduled it, when I read the article it had yet to be scheduled again.
Without Mongo, WG will go on. Eyal will bleed it for every nickel he can. Maybe he could bring in Rebecca to run it.

I saw that the other day too Mark. Was happy to see that people don't forget the shit she pulled during the war. Fuck that bitch.
Drifter on Watchlords

Post by Guest » July 20th 2011, 12:53pm

IMO it all boils down to money. If Eyal and shop start loosing money, and they can directly link it to Davis, he's gone. If sales remain at their projected levels and the money keeps rolling in, a few complaints and emails about Mongos' criminal past won't amount to anything, and he remains.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » July 20th 2011, 4:58pm

If removed from the Slop via complaints and/or saving face, Eyal may just throw WG to Mongo as a bone of good faith. Since WG remains a target rich environment, Eyal will keep it until he decides it isn't worth the ROI. I'm certain that by now, WG has grown into the hemoroid Laylow can't quite reach on his lying ass. But so far he just can't help himself and keeps it.

Mike's wagon has been hitched to Skelton in this con. Like all cons it will and should run its course. Too stupid to realize he isn't a one man show after Jim crashed and burned, Mike likes the smell of his own shit and believes it - fool.

As a man of much fewer options he will be relegated to the forum circuit from whence he came. Can't imagine anyone waiting to snatch him up as their new spokesmodel. Sadly, Mike probably believes otherwise. Garbage in - garbage out.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » July 20th 2011, 7:14pm

codguy wrote:
Them damn right wing extremists

CG

Yep, these wackos used their right to free speech to speak out against someone who was a propaganda tool for the North Vietnamese. It's one thing to speak out against a war, it's another to go to an enemies country and call american POWS liars and US servicemen war criminals. One is free speech the other is treason.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
TickTocker
Senior Member & WIS

Post by TickTocker » July 20th 2011, 7:18pm

That's like asking if the president were to be impeached, would the USA collapse and cease to be a nation anymore?
He is nothing more then a figurehead and the loss of JS was way more significant to the geeks then Mongo will ever be and the place still keeps on Geeking along just fine without him. If Mongo becomes too much of a liability or a thorn on Eyal side, things can get tricky. Dirt is the ultimate leverage. Don't think his strings will be cut without hesitation. Even with their star player gone, the gravy train will keep chugging, MongoGate will just be ignored until forgotten, like the rest of Invictas skeletons.
My conscience won't allow me to buy from a company that endorses the theft of American patriotism for a fast greasy buck. Wether you agree with the wars or not, it's the good principals, just people stand up for that matter most to me.

Post by Guest » July 25th 2011, 7:06pm

Mongo's hold card is Invicta's dirty secrets, factories, deceptive buisness practices, materials (sandstone) ect.. He'll use it as leverage if the ax is presented IMO.

Reap it Eyal.
Last edited by Guest on July 26th 2011, 7:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 26th 2011, 4:47pm

Watch Noob wrote:will WatchGeeks continue to exist or will the plug be pulled? Just curious to what your thoughts are. This question is a lot deeper than it appears on the surface so use your head.

This is my honest answer, not to be taking as a smart ass comment, is not....
I never gave too much thought the geeks with or without "The Felon" Davis, as far as I'm concerned, they can implode tomorrow, or live to the end of times..... still don't give a shit , one way or another.
bdgrewe74

Post by bdgrewe74 » September 8th 2011, 10:03am

I can't see how the shop even has Mongo on TV.. every time i see that guy ... I'm like dang!!! he is one ugly mother... makes me sick to even watch , which i don't... if he's on its just the same old crap...

I still don't understand why IWC even brought him on board.. evenless making him the face of Invicta! lol
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » September 8th 2011, 10:32am

bdgrewe74 wrote:I can't see how the shop even has Mongo on TV.. every time i see that guy ... I'm like dang!!! he is one ugly mother... makes me sick to even watch , which i don't... if he's on its just the same old crap...

I still don't understand why IWC IWG get it right IWC is a great brand even brought him on board.. evenless making him the face of Invicta! lol
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
bdgrewe74

Post by bdgrewe74 » September 8th 2011, 11:15am

oceanaut wrote:
bdgrewe74 wrote:I can't see how the shop even has Mongo on TV.. every time i see that guy ... I'm like dang!!! he is one ugly mother... makes me sick to even watch , which i don't... if he's on its just the same old crap...

I still don't understand why IWC IWG get it right IWC is a great brand even brought him on board.. evenless making him the face of Invicta! lol

Really?? I'm sure you never make a typo... it was clear that i was talking about Invicta.. and not "International Watch Company".

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”