Are small watch forums a dying breed?

koimaster
Founder

Are small watch forums a dying breed?

Post by koimaster » May 13th 2011, 1:30pm

Watchmen for the most part is gone, the stats directly below are from watch talk world

Forum Statistics Total Topics: 11,969 - Total Posts: 112,550
Last Updated Topic: I feel as if I have gone full ... by jmsrolls (Today at 9:45am)
View the 100 most recent posts of this forum. Total Members: 640
Newest Member: evilking24
Users Online
0 Members, 9 Guests. Most users online was 84, Mar 27, 2011, 1:30am

Active Users In The Past 24 Hours
3 Staff Members, 5 Members, 657 Guests
Radar, pops, usnavy, joygiver, jmsrolls, Africoz, diver88, halmanas

watch and clock forum

Who is online
In total there are 17 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 30 minutes)
Most users ever online was 104 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], golfbum, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, koimaster, oca_9i, Yahoo [Bot]
Legend: Administrators, Global moderators, Guests, Lum-Tec Fans, Moderators, Registered users

Statistics
Total posts 24265 • Total topics 5450 • Total members 3778 • Our newest member mike1717

http://watchandclockforum.com/index.php

XMT

Our users have posted a total of 83680 messages
We have 442 registered users
The newest registered user is pc!z
In total there are 42 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 2 Bots
Most users ever online was 90 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:49 am

Registered Users: andrema, Anomaly, mrneddles, nhwoods
Bots : Google, bing (3)

Members connected during last 48 hours : andrema, Anomaly, AtomicTom, aztecknight, Budabear, Builder360, Chris S., chuckf1, cski, DMB, ericf4, Hobbit712, jackprime1, jaw, karla, kungyosteve, level z, loosecannon, max, merichar, mrneddles, nhwoods, Northwestguy, npeckio, pacifichrono, PoliMalaka, racerxer, randyswagon, rasbrito, rich from phillie, rickparadiso, sherm, sixtysix, smellody, soberdave09, sooner, Streetboss, strutn45, TAZMAN64, thianwong, tungchoy, TVDinner, watchdaddy1, wcbartlett

Dive watch connection

Who is online
In total there are 68 users online :: 32 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests (based on users active over the past 30 minutes)
Most users ever online was 142 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], CGSshorty, chrononut, davidwhitford, demer03, drster, dshap, dukerules, fastward, FlyPenFly, Google [Bot], Graeme, Henryj, hobbit712, ikkoku, Jamie, jimyritz, JizJizJiz, kid-a, kowalski, matt.wu, MDF, moishlashen, mrneddles, ollyhock, Oracle, paipanic, patstarrx, rockmastermike, SCM64, shappy692, YOHOHO
Legend :: Administrators, DWC Tribal Council, Global moderators, Registered users

Desk Diver

Forum Statistics
Total Topics: 2,102 - Total Posts: 26,407
Last Updated Topic: It's Friday by zippofan (Today at 4:07pm)
View the 50 most recent posts of this forum. Total Members: 145
Newest Member: pacifichrono

Users Online

0 Members, 3 Guests. Most users online was 29, Apr 6, 2011, 6:34am

Active Users In The Past 24 Hours

3 Staff Members, 25 Members, 199 Guests
zippofan, budabear, diver88, Agent Orange, andrema, jeep99dad, porschefan, bodypeersur, max, c1jensen, FreeDive, metrowatchcompany, berrnard, tvdinner, pacifichrono, mrsnak, falcon4311, synmike, russb28, Chris S., wcbartlett, Northwestguy, soberdave09, strutn45, tanwill, zenrn, JAS1125, albertatime

Canadian watch forum

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users
There are currently 3 users online. 1 members and 2 guests

Most users ever online was 53, 05-08-2011 at 12:18 PM.

SgtInArms,Canadian Watch Collector Statistics
Threads:1,006Posts:2,766Members:437
Welcome to our newest member, yuanyuan

There are others including this small place. Are we a dying breed passed over by the mega forums?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Are small watch forums a dying breed?

Post by foghorn » May 13th 2011, 3:08pm

Forums that have a personality dictated by the active members seem to do OK.
Forums that try to develop a personality via limitations on what can,and cannot, be discussed tend to falter or at least lose enough free thinking members that they eventually die out due to lack of personality.

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » May 13th 2011, 3:11pm

Chanse503 wrote:Hmmm...
Wonder how that WatchPimps site is doin?

JK

You'd better hope BSF101 doesn't see this or he will find out where you live and beat you up!!
Watch Noob
Banned

Post by Watch Noob » May 13th 2011, 3:24pm

I much rather a small forum like WL's. On the larger forums it's hard to get to know anyone. They are also much more constricted on what you can say because of the sponsorship $. I'll take WL's thanks.

Oh and fuck DWC you guys can suck my dick and if anyone wants to challenge me, I'll say it to your face you cocksuckers!
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Falstaff » May 14th 2011, 6:13am

Even misfits, social outcasts, rugged individualists, cynics, short tempered bastards and asshats need a place to hang out and talk about watches and other items of interest. A private club (if you will) - or at least a corner bar with high standards.
"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."
sandoz

Post by sandoz » May 14th 2011, 7:49am

Falstaff wrote:Even misfits, social outcasts, rugged individualists, L, short tempered bastards and asshats need a place to hang out and talk about watches and other items of interest...
You are absolutely right and i only have myself and WL to blame for my rarely going to other watch forums anymore.

Post by Guest » May 17th 2011, 1:25pm

I find the conversation at large forums is usually more of the "look at me and what I bought!" type...which gets boring fast. The new members come and go quickly and although there are lots of members...many are not active.
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » April 5th 2021, 1:45pm

I think this is true of most forums with a possible exception of WUS.

Facebook is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, to the detriment of most in this hobby. Seems like that's where a lot of people congregate now.

Hoping things will improve.
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”