Anonimo watches

koimaster
Founder

Anonimo watches

Post by koimaster » March 22nd 2010, 9:13am

A favorite of Eric as many of us know.

From their website:

"Anonimo was founded in Florence, Italy in 1997 by respected designer and entrepreneur Federico Massacesi who had already gained many year’s experience in the field of Luxury Goods for Salvatore Ferragamo SpA. His vision was to create an enterprise specializing in the production of unique Italian timepieces focused on staying true to Florentine watch making tradition. He accepted the challenge therefore to be known worldwide as the most important Italian Company producing high quality mechanical timepieces. Events conspired to set the stage for the realisation of this aim. The takeover by an international group caused a famous Florentine watchmaking house to uproot and move abroad, thus leaving an elite and established team of veteran watchmakers wishing to continue their watchmaking tradition in Florence. Happily this wealth of Florentine watchmaking experience joined forces with Federico Massacesi to form the cornerstone on which Anonimo’s success was built"

My personal opinion is they are almost a clone to Panerai and in the past they have lost up to 50% of their value. Anyone have an opinion?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Anonimo watches

Post by foghorn » March 24th 2010, 3:36pm

I don't think thay are a "clone" although some models do bear a passing resemblence.
Over time I think that they have develpoped a look of their own.
I've seen a few in person and there are only one or two that I really like and would own.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » March 24th 2010, 6:59pm

I like some of their models, but have yet to see any of them in person. They seem to be priced pretty steep, and I don't know if that is more a reflection of the quality, or the luxury goods background of the owner. Stick a fancy designer name on it and the price goes way up-the quality may or may not be up to that level, which by the way is subjective also. I would need to take a good look at them to form a strong opinion either way.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 20th 2021, 8:21am

been 11 years since this was posted. Whatever happened to this brand? At one time it was a hot brand for WIS and wannabe WIS

1946-2006

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 20th 2021, 1:37pm

kevco wrote:
July 20th 2021, 11:53am
Still pricey
$1000-$2000 range
still Panarai wannabes too

https://anonimo.com/collections

1946-2006

DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » July 20th 2021, 2:15pm

My first thought is, terrible name. Anonimo. Is that Italian for anonymous? Second thought is the same as I almost always have when seeing a new brand, or Kickstarter effort: Why?
If I were to start a watch, or any company, the first question I would ask myself is, what will I offer that isn’t already available? If I don’t have a fairly compelling answer I would not proceed. It seems like the main purpose of many of these upstarts is to stroke the ego of the owner.
Having said that these may be wonderful. I have no experience with them. They are far from the worst looking watches I’ve seen but I’m still left wondering why.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 20th 2021, 2:54pm

conjurer wrote:
July 20th 2021, 2:28pm
I had one come through the charity auctions some years back; as I recall, it was pretty nice, well made, and seemingly substantial.
I have a couple of watches for you if you ever have another auction.

the new Russian "checkmate" and test pilot.

1946-2006

kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » July 21st 2021, 5:51am

From the enter-web:

Anonimo Firenze is an Italian watchmaker brand.[1] Its watches are manufactured in Florence, Italy with Swiss movements provided by ETA SA or Sellita.[2]

The company was founded in 1997 in Florence, Italy by Federico Massacesi and it makes only mechanical watches with prices ranging from $2,500 to over $10,000.[3]

When watchmaker Panerai relocated from Florence to Neuchatel, Switzerland, many Panerai watchmakers were taken on by Anonimo.[4]

In 2013, Anonimo Firenze was bought out and became Anonimo SA, moving its head office to Switzerland, but still remaining an independent watch brand.[5]

Models
Current models use self-winding movements by Sellita, an independent Swiss producer founded in 1950.[citation needed]

1997 Millemetri: 120 ATM diving watch.
2001 Militare
2002 Match racing: a sailing chronograph.
2003 Professionale: diving watch tested to 200 ATM.
2003 Anonimo Dino Zei
2003 Cronoscopio
2003 Militare Crono
2005 Polluce
2005 Nautilo
2007 Dino Zei San Marco
2018 Epurato

"When watchmaker Panerai relocated from Florence to Neuchatel, Switzerland, many Panerai watchmakers were taken on by Anonimo.[4]"-makes sense.
kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » July 21st 2021, 9:27am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
July 21st 2021, 7:47am
If this is still current, the USA and North America distributor lives and works(?) in a residential neighborhood here in Nashville. Really nice area of the city. Interesting...

https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/anon ... ide.25635/
Tim Temple used to live in Nashville.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » July 21st 2021, 9:38am

kevco wrote:
July 21st 2021, 9:27am
Datsun240Z71 wrote:
If this is still current, the USA and North America distributor lives and works(?) in a residential neighborhood here in Nashville. Really nice area of the city. Interesting...

Dim who?

1946-2006

Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Datsun240Z71 » July 21st 2021, 3:03pm

kevco wrote:
July 21st 2021, 9:27am
Datsun240Z71 wrote:

I once sat at the table next to him in a neighborhoodMexican restaurant, but did not bother him. In retrospect, should have asked him the correct time to see if his watch was working.
Randy in Nashville

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”