Yet another Invicta, ShopNBC and Skelton story

JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Yet another Invicta, ShopNBC and Skelton story

Post by JtN© » August 3rd 2010, 5:52am

Jim Skelton who represents ShopNBC while selling Invicta watches last night was just hilariously telling the world a fantastic tale of bewilderment in regards to the now correct explanation regarding the Swiss Parts Movement vs. Swiss Movement vs. Swiss Made and how it all relates to markings on the watch and wear that watch is assembled.

It was all rather comical last night when he explained how Invicta does the markings on the case back and the front to properly show what is in the watch and how all the others in the industry (which he could name but wont in fear of a lawsuit) are not as open and honest as Invicta is on the markings.

I instantly thought of the answers that Jim Skelton, Michael Davis and Eyal Lalo gave about Invicta's markings and such just a few short months ago in regards to Swiss, Swiss Made, Swiss Parts and all that how it pertains to exactly where it is made.

Last night was really quite funny because Jim really capped it off with saying how the honesty and integrity of Invicta is above all others in the industry since they correctly do all of this in regards to the origins of the watch. Wasn't it just a few short months ago that he and the others were saying that the entire Swiss vs. Swiss Made topic of confusion and dishonesty was a gray area and they were not doing anything that everyone else in the industry was doing?

Yeah I thought so, Jim Skelton and ShopNBC now busted again. Check out the first 3 or 5 minutes of the 2nd hour of his show last night and you will hear the great explanations. It was also interesting that Michael Davis was not yet introduced and not yet sitting next to him when he explained all of this, almost as if he is clearing the air for ShopNBC and they wanted not have Invicta there when it was done.

Really quite a comical explanation after the entire Swinese debacle they all had.
betterskills
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Yet another Invicta, ShopNBC and Skelton story

Post by betterskills » August 3rd 2010, 6:08am

From the post "Contra-dick" last night - it gets even better dude:

Jimblo is pushing the Invicta II Mens Off Shore and showed the SWISS PARTS MOVEMENT marking on the back of the case and was praising Invicta for being so honest about the origin, because most brands are not so forthcoming because moat brands simply mark the caseback "SWISS MOVEMENT"

When they showed a close up of the dial it reads "SWISS MOVT"
JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » August 3rd 2010, 6:48am

Ya know that reminds me Sir BigCheez, the other day on WatchGeeks, the home of Invicta, ShopNBC and all matters of horological knowledge Mr Skelton made reference and comment to the Big Peacock over them and how they hardly have no time at all for really detailed descriptions since they now have to do all this extra promotional advertising and such for all the other shows and products sold on ShopNBC. It sounds as if he is not happy about all this since it cuts down on Skelton on air time for him.

I rather wonder how the people at the Big Peacock and there advertisers would feel if people started to contact all of them with complaints about the on air antics and such of Jim Skelton on ShopNBC. Since Mr Skelton mentioned the Big Peacock I wonder if they are truly aware how some feel about how Mr Skelton represents them.
betterskills
Senior Member & WIS

Post by betterskills » August 3rd 2010, 7:40am

Eddiea: true, but thi I the first time that I've seen the dial contradict the case and the narrative that Sly Burns has been pushing. I also could have sworn that the directors feed was playing between The babble and the Muzak; and it sounded like the guy wa yelling.
LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » August 3rd 2010, 8:40am

Skelton is such a lying ass sad sack of shit. This is the same guy who said after Swissgate he did not believe Invicta was up to anything underhanded and actually said he thought it was Ronda's and ISA's fault as they probably sent their Chinese produced movements from an ordering snafu and when Invicta got them it just slipped through the cracks and no one caught that they weren't the Swiss made movements Invicta actually ordered.

If you believe that horseshit I have some watches with 42 genuine diamond accents I would like to sell you.

That lie went on for years, Swiss = Swiss Made with Invicta. A lie Jim was complicit in and helped perpetuate for years. Honest mistakes don't go on for years, fraud does though. Also curious timing how when Invicta started play the shell game on Swiss and Chinese movements all of the sudden many watches went from being labeled as "Swiss Made" to "Swiss" you know, for visual queue.

Tell me another Jim, you master of horology you.

Post by Guest » August 3rd 2010, 10:53am

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still.
Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still.
Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still.
Listen to the words long down,
When the man comes around.

In measured hundredweight and penny pound.
When the man comes around.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 3rd 2010, 10:54am

Lalo, Sommerstein, Tanqueray Davis, Shop, Green, Temple, Wilsie, Hall, the fill-ins, all of 'em - they're all scam artists. If they're not, they're just incompetent and uncaring; knowing what all these people must know about IWG, if they can look into a camera and sell those products to unsuspecting consumers, then they are just as big as frauds as S. Fingers Skelton is.

Even playing devil's advocate, knowing all the IWG QC issues of the past, say, 11 minute - who in their right mind would give them a penny of their hard-earned money?

All that being established: Skelton is such a low-rent con, there's only one logical place for him after ShopNBC: TNA Wrestling on Spike TV. There's precedent for that: Don West, who did color commentary for years and now does merchandising hosting, was hired right after he left The Shop At Home Network. I'm not kidding; pro wrestling was MADE for Skelton, since he has as much credibility.

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » August 3rd 2010, 11:48am

JtN© wrote:So aint they all a bunch of shucksters like Skelton and all should be in the same place?

Not even close.
Guys like Mays and his former partner (forgot his name) ran legit operations and made millions by hawking,for the most part, unusual but useful items.
They were very smart businessmen (There was a show called "Pitchmen " on Discovery for a couple months before Mays died.)
Skelton isn't in that class-he is at the very bottom of the food chain when it comes to pitching products on TV.

Post by Guest » August 3rd 2010, 1:57pm

Again, the drivle from Skelton about how the almighty Invicta are so transparent, more so than any other watch brand. Comical, just comical.

At this point all that does is emphasise the fact that the watches are not selling at all. The constant pushing of 'swiss made' is pathetic. Just look at the SAN TTV - all four colors were still available last night almost 24 hours after they went on sale. People are on to Skelton and his whipping boy Davis. The only one buying the watches are the minions of geeks who salivate on his every word. Then there is the unknowing public who are not geeks so they have no idea. It is a shame...

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”