Tim Temple: Shameless Shill

Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Tim Temple: Shameless Shill

Post by Tzimisces » June 3rd 2012, 11:00am

To paraphrase Samuel Johnson:

TV watch designs are both good and original; but the designs that are good are not original, and the ones that are original are not good.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » June 3rd 2012, 11:55am

TemerityB wrote:Hey, jaw,

I actually just heard back from Hamilton; I couldn't be more shocked (or pleased). So we'll see where this could possibly lead.

In any event, I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of marked down to $14 Chinese-made triangular watches cropping up on gray sites, oh, any moment now.

Serves 'em right.

Yeah - most people don't like to find out they've been ripped off. Good job.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 4th 2012, 1:25pm

I'm noticing this particular SO model is now listed as "clearance" on the SNBC website.

Makes it easy to wonder if it might soon not be around at Amazon as well.

Just because, you know, it's so popular. Yeah, it's goin' like hotcakes, I'd reckon. Also: Temple's amazing spiel on the video on the ShopNBC website now starts at about the movie reference; can't say it's been scrubbed, it's just been cut entirely.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » June 4th 2012, 3:15pm

TemerityB wrote:I'm noticing this particular SO model is now listed as "clearance" on the SNBC website. Makes it easy to wonder if it might soon not be around at Amazon as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they say that-there reekko-shay is on clearance for $179.18, with a total savings of $55.82...I seem to remember it always being $179 and change...oh well, who geeves ah sheet, inny-how...Image
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 4th 2012, 3:22pm

Mortuus wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I'm noticing this particular SO model is now listed as "clearance" on the SNBC website. Makes it easy to wonder if it might soon not be around at Amazon as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they say that-there reekko-shay is on clearance for $179.18, with a total savings of $55.82...I seem to remember it always being $179 and change...oh well, who geeves ah sheet, inny-how...Image

Mort, you might be right - but frankly, they could sell that thing for a quarter and I'd still be up in arms. At least there's been an acknowledgement of the cheesy model by the company that's been copped from.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 11th 2019, 4:45pm

koimaster wrote:
August 11th 2019, 10:33am
**>:

Yep - by both SO and a certain lying valor thief who somehow forgot to mention he actually owned the watch in question. There are fools of the moment, and then there are de-pantsed, crying, lying, humbled for life complete fools.

Return to “The Watchlord Archives - The early years”