Auction-Tinkerers delight!!

foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Auction-Tinkerers delight!!

Post by foghorn » February 13th 2018, 12:38pm

Yeah-take a chance and bid on some sketchy stuff. At worst you can try your luck. At best ,and with a small investment, you can make some money or have a great watch for a song. Watchmakers around here are very skilled but also very expensive and these poor souls just sit around.

#1)1973 vintage Accutron. Battery change attempts have been futile. One of the 2 or 3 guys that work on these can probably get it going but I'm too cheap and lazy and I have my Spaceview to satisfy my Accutron jones. I can provide a good "experts" name to the winner. (if there is one) I bought this at an antique shop years ago and it worked well for a few years.

#2)O&W (name unknown) 40 mm. Runs and keeps great time. BUT..... crown skips and doesn't always wind. Date and time set but winding is sketchy. New crown around here would probably run 200+ so it's up for adoption. I bought this new from Westcoast Time many moons ago.

#3) Atlantic Worldtimer. Again a crown issue. Crown is very tight and tough to wind and even set time and date. Runs but not recommended to handwind until crown issue dealt with. Also purchased new,by moi. probably 12-15 years ago.

#4)Timex Intelligent Quartz. More intelligent than me anyways. I could never set it right even with instructions. (that I no longer have)

#5)Seiko Kinetic. About 40 mm. Bough new some years ago and worn a lot so it has some "character" Should fit a 7 1/4 inch wrist. All it really needs is about a thousand million shakes to get fully charged.

#6)Daniel Mink Diver. Around 42mm. From when it was a real company run by the elder Minks before their son sullied their good name. Runs and sets fine. BUT....the dial/movement needs to be re-seated. (something like that) When the crown is pulled out to set the time the dial shifts in the case.

Any questions pleas feel free to PM. Good chances for tinkerers or if you have more reasonably priced watch guys near you.
Auction will end Wednesday 2/21/18 at 7 PM eastern time. US sales only. Paypal accepted since I won't come near the Mass. limit for PP tax eligibility. (goddammit)

Boxes,extra links and papers are highly doubtful but I'll dig around. No promises.
foghorn

Re: Auction-Tinkerers delight!!

Post by foghorn » February 14th 2018, 3:57pm

24 hour scorecard

Mink-$35-Ant Farm

O&W-$75-svaglic

Atlantic-$100-svaglic

The Timex,Accutron, and Seiko are still looking for some love.
foghorn

Re: Auction-Tinkerers delight!!

Post by foghorn » February 18th 2018, 11:19am

To date:

Mink-47.93-koimaster

O&W-$75-svaglic

Atlantic-$100-svaglic

Timex-$10-Racer-X

Seiko-$20-Ofc Mark
Last edited by foghorn on February 18th 2018, 11:48am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Watchlord Member Auctions”