WL Spring Charity Auction 8--Vintage-mania!!

User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33119
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

WL Spring Charity Auction 8--Vintage-mania!!

Post by conjurer » April 24th 2017, 2:14pm

Let's raise some more cash for charity, shall we? I think that we shall. Like the others, the proceeds of this auction will go 75% to St. Judes Children's Hospital (https://www.stjude.org/) and the other 25% to Operation Homefront (http://www.operationhomefront.org/?gcli ... oCakvw_wcB). This auction will consist of vintage wartchs!

First up, Gubelin:

Image

Image

Image

Wristshot:

Image

Notes from donor:

Gubelin 33mm without the crown, scratch on crystal between 8 and 9, gold plated, works smooth, no issues, textured dial, gold plated, crown is unmarked, there are some swirls and scratches, but nothing serious, it is a vintage watch. I never took it in to anyone, so it may could use a service.
If there is a serious issue upon receipt of this watch, I will help resolve it.


A pretty watch; in good condition. Hadley Roma strap with almost no wear and plated gold buckle. No box or papers.

Hamilton:

Image

Image

Image

Wristie:

Image

Notes from donor:

Hamilton manual wind...probably rom the '50's or early '60's..34mm 10K gold filled case..dial refinished by International Dial probably in '07 or '08..keeps good time..also an art nouveau atmosphere to the dial

Very nice lizard-print leather strap. No box or papers.

Longines:

Image

Image

Image

On the wrist:

Image

Notes from the donor:

Longines manual wind..probably from the '50's or early '60's..34mm 18K gold case..dial refinished by International Dial probably in '07 or '08..not running...art nouveau feel to the dial

Two things for you stupid bastards to take away from the notes--1, the watch IS NOT RUNNING, and 2. the case is 18k gold. Comes on a very nice oiled leather strap with plated gold buckle. No box or papers.

And finally, Croton:

Image

Image

Image

Image

On the wrist:

Image

Now, this one isn't precisely vintage, like the first three are--however, it is vintage in that it dates back to the time when the Motherfucking Merm could make a decent watch, and the Croton Pineapple was a big deal in the old days--I believe back then the Merm put in a 2836, possibly he had from the stash of ETAs he got when they Fell Off the Back of a Truck. 46mm, 51mm with crown, an astonishing 56.5mm lug to lug, and 15mm thick, this one is from a later batch that used a Chinese automatic movement. No extra links with this one, but it's probably big enough for a 7 inch wrist. No papers, but it comes in a very nice Croton six-slot box, very similar to the one that Smellody carries around his Rolecks in.

The rules: This auction will run until Sunday, April 30, ending at exactly 8:00PM Pacific time. All sales are final. High bid wins. Bid either by posting in this thread (with the name of the watch and the amount bid IN CLEAR FUCKING ENGLISH) or via PM to me. Paypal only. Winners please add $10 to the winning bid to cover shipping, international winners, add $30. I will ship the watches to the winners the following week, depending on my work schedule, via USPS Priority mail, plus insurance if necessary.

So there you go. Happy bidding!
User avatar
gerdson
Master of Time
Posts: 2859
Joined: January 7th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Just north of Northern Krautland
Contact:

Re: WL Spring Charity Auction 8--Vintage-mania!!

Post by gerdson » April 24th 2017, 9:42pm

gerdson wrote:Bids thus far:

Longines, $50, gerdson

Croton, $40, iwasbanned

Gubelin, $20, gerdson

Hamilton, $25, gerdson.


I'll be back.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
User avatar
gerdson
Master of Time
Posts: 2859
Joined: January 7th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Just north of Northern Krautland
Contact:

Re: WL Spring Charity Auction 8--Vintage-mania!!

Post by gerdson » April 25th 2017, 6:14am

foghorn wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Question: Is the Longines working?



Nope.






18KGold Price Per Ounce = 952.88 US Dollar :mrgreen:


per what kind of ounce - trouy ounce or avoirdupois ounce?
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Post Reply

Return to “Watchlord Member Auctions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest