5 of the best watches from the good old U S of A

Watch brands with roots in North America
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

5 of the best watches from the good old U S of A

Post by Racer-X » August 11th 2018, 12:22am

"It might surprise you to know that in the first half of the last century, America was regarded as the force to be reckoned with when it came to watches — especially modern, efficient and mass-produced watches. But now, with great legacy brands like Waltham and Illinois consigned to the scrapheap of history, while others, like Hamilton, are part of larger Swiss portfolios, the American watch industry is a shadow of its former self. But that’s not to say that the land of the free and the home of the brave is entirely bereft of local timekeeping concerns. Here are five brands keeping the faith, though it must be mentioned that in most cases the heavy lifting of manufacturing is done off shore."

https://timeandtidewatches.com/list-5-of-the-best-watches-from-the-good-old-u-s-of-a/
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 5 of the best watches from the good old U S of A

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 13th 2018, 1:04pm

The Weiss looks like the only more or less palatable watch on the list. The rest is, well...bad. That Devon Tread thing is beyond ghey, the Shinola is ghey, the RGM - while I like RGM in general - has to be the least appealing model in the brand's line-up. Oh, and then there's this great Eterna movement in a Gilchrist & Soames (or, if Welsh, Pwrrflmmmwwwwwdfff & Ympfffwrghwlllfpffwwwwwwd) packaging.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas

Return to “North American Roots”