HOW WATCHES ARE MADE: VERO (PORTLAND

Watch brands with roots in North America
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

HOW WATCHES ARE MADE: VERO (PORTLAND

Post by koimaster » April 3rd 2018, 8:29pm

Today, we’re kicking off a new video series we’re calling How Watches Are Made. Each installment will focus on bringing you a behind-the-scenes look at the the manufacturing capabilities of different watch brands—both big and small. For our first episode, we’re checking in with VERO, a relatively young company out of Portland, Oregon, which has, over the last four years, done some pretty big things.

“I really just want to make a watch.” These eight words, spoken over a couple of beers one night in 2014, launched VERO, a young watchmaking outfit based in Portland, Oregon. But friends and co-founders Chris Boudreaux and Danny Recordon were not watchmakers. They were simply enthusiasts who loved watches. Still, the thought of contracting the work out to a factory in the Far East didn’t cross their mind. “We knew we wanted to make them,” explains Danny, the self-taught engineer on the team. “Rather than prototype somewhere else . . . we wanted to design [and] prototype in our own shop, on our own timeline, and have full control.”

http://wornandwound.com/how-watches-are ... nd-oregon/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: HOW WATCHES ARE MADE: VERO (PORTLAND

Post by Mark1 » April 4th 2018, 8:22am

In a way I admire that they took an idea and are actually doing something with it. It's not a bad looking watch. But when I buy a watch I would like to know that it was made by someone with training and experience in the field. The self-taught engineer bit scares me. Don't you need some related degree to claim the title? I brew beer as a hobby but self-taught brewmaster is a term I wouldn't use to describe myself.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “North American Roots”