weiss watch company

Watch brands with roots in North America
koimaster
Founder

weiss watch company

Post by koimaster » December 14th 2013, 6:19pm

http://weisswatchcompany.com/

Cameron Weiss, watchmaker and owner of Weiss Watch Company, began pursuing watchmaking after he learned about the skill required to put together a watch. He attended two years of Swiss watchmaking school at the Nicolas G. Hayek Watchmaking School in order to graduate as a WOSTEP Certified Watchmaker and then trained more extensively with two of the most prestigious luxury watch brands in Switzerland & the US. Cameron’s exceptional talent & training, as well his interest in American watchmaking, led him to create watches with the gold standard of timeless American quality. His process begins with designing & manufacturing the watch itself. From there, he finishes & assembles each timepiece by hand. These accessible heirlooms are built to withstand time and generations. Before the introduction of the disposable quartz watch, American manufacturing revolutionized the way mechanical watches were made. We seek to rediscover the legacy & prestige of the manufacturing processes originated by Waltham in the United States.

http://weisswatchcompany.com/collections/all

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: weiss watch company

Post by Mark1 » December 14th 2013, 6:28pm

Not feeling it but the price is not bad at all for a hand finished & decorated Unitas. Sensible case size as well.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » December 14th 2013, 6:45pm

The pine box is an added bonus. If your kid's pet lizard dies, you are prepared with this pine box plus, you have a decent looking watch to wear to the funeral. Provided you are a tosser and not a keeper.
Seriously, I'd like to see where this company goes in the next couple of years. Compared to the other new stuff that is coming out now, this seems reasonable in the looks, price and size departments. I'd like to see a variety to choose from though.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2013, 8:20pm

Saw the brand on a sidebar ad on another forum and I was wondering if anyone else knew anything about them. The prices, to me anyway, seem pretty fair considering the seeming quality.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 18th 2016, 3:03pm

Yeah, koi, you beat me to it - Weiss now claiming it's bringing back 100 percent "American Made" or words to that effect.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “North American Roots”