RGM makes an Invicta Pro Diver

Watch brands with roots in North America
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

RGM makes an Invicta Pro Diver

Post by koimaster » June 21st 2019, 8:41am

Model 300 Professional Diver

The model 300 diver was designed from the ground up as a professional dive watch. It features soft iron shielding over the movement to protect against magnetism and a 5mm thick sapphire crystal to withstand high pressure at depth. The single direction dive bezel is held on by screws in the side, which allows the bezel to be adjusted easily by the watchmaker. It is used by professional divers around the world.

Movement Caliber: RGM-ETA 2892-A2 - Swiss made automatic, 21 jewels, 28,800 vph. Rhodium finish - Cote de Geneve lines and perlage

Functions: Hour / Minute / Second / Date on some models

Case: Brushed 316L Stainless Steel. 43.5mm X 17.0mm. 5.0 mm thick Sapphire crystal, Screw-Down crown, 22mm lug width, water-resistant to 2500 ft. Unidirectional dive bezel with ceramic insert. Only the White MOP version does not have the ceramic bezel insert.

Weight: 5.6 oz (with Stainless Steel Bracelet: 8.3 oz)

http://www.rgmwatches.com/watches#/300/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
JAS1125 (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Re: RGM makes an Invicta Pro Diver

Post by JAS1125 » June 21st 2019, 10:46am

foghorn wrote:I always thought the RGM divers were too much case and not enough dial. The addition of MOP does give them a lighthearted,carefree appearence though. You go Ronnie!

Looks very much like an older Tissot Seastar
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » June 21st 2019, 11:00am

JAS1125 wrote:
foghorn wrote:I always thought the RGM divers were too much case and not enough dial. The addition of MOP does give them a lighthearted,carefree appearence though. You go Ronnie!

By golly, I believe the nail has been struck cleanly on the head!
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Hawk » June 21st 2019, 11:30am

Eye didn't knot no the screwz in the bea zell let it be adjustamated.

Sew if I ever git one of them Say khoes with the discombobulated chapter ring I can adjust the turnie thingie so it is likewise combobulated?

That's is pretty dam cool.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
foghorn (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » June 21st 2019, 11:38am

Hawk wrote:Eye didn't knot no the screwz in the bea zell let it be adjustamated.

Sew if I ever git one of them Say khoes with the discombobulated chapter ring I can adjust the turnie thingie so it is likewise combobulated?

That's is pretty dam cool.

Bit if you adjust it so the "50" is lined up then the "12" will be off and sew forth the "5" minit mark morer than befour.
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » June 21st 2019, 11:46am

onliest the RGM which can't get 5 minutes on the bea zell to look like 5 minits on the capture ring while simulteniaoul at the same fucking time have the pip line up with the 12.

i thot the Say Khoe catheter ring lined up with the minits on the bezel and both were off set from the 12. No combination will ever get the rgm rite - if it,s the same with sayco fuck 'em.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » June 21st 2019, 3:28pm

The RGM divers have been on the bezel'ly side, and it is hard to believe Roland Murphy would put his name on those MOP disasters which somehow manage to make these appear more bezel'ly than they really are. At the link, there is very cool looking blue and black versions with nicely done ceramic bezel inserts that look much better but divers are their weakest offerings.

Also from the link:

Movement Caliber: RGM-ETA 2892-A2 - Swiss made automatic, 21 jewels, 28,800 vph. Rhodium finish - Cote de Geneve lines and perlage

Cool to see that information straight up front in the ad when practically every one haute claims to make movements in-house- I guess it's easier to be straightforward when you modify store-bought and make your own. I wonder how much modification they do or if RGM decorates the movement- the decor on the ETA elaboré ebauches is pretty good, but not like what they'd do.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 21st 2019, 4:23pm

JAS1125 wrote:

Yes sir.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » June 21st 2019, 6:18pm

I'm a huge fan of RGM, and of Mr. Murphy.

That watch is ugly and impractical. I'm sure there's quality there, but it seems like it was designed by people who have no earthly idea about dive watches whatsoever. From the main photo, as God is my witness, it looks like a Croton.
Listening to Justin Zimmer trying to explain Glycine watches on ShopPU is like listening to Pernell Roberts explain what beans make a good cup of coffee.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 21st 2019, 7:49pm

TemerityB wrote:I'm a huge fan of RGM, and of Mr. Murphy.

That watch is ugly and impractical. I'm sure there's quality there, but it seems like it was designed by people who have no earthly idea about dive watches whatsoever. From the main photo, as God is my witness, it looks like a Croton.

"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » June 22nd 2019, 8:09pm

The only Mother of Pearl that doesn't make me want to vomit is the song of that title, by Wishbone Ash.

Oh, and the wartche looks like something straight out of telly shopping or Kickstarter.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 22nd 2019, 9:58pm

Interestingly, Orient's Saturation Diver features a sapphire crystal nearly as thick. It is also a millimeter thinner overall. As a diving instrument, the Orient is the best dive watch for under, some say, five grand.

As far as the MOP dial goes, Murphy, like any craftsman, has to produce what others will buy. If it keeps the doors open and the lights on, he's going to chase the buck like anybody else. If that keeps him open as America's best watchmaker, then good for him, I say.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@

Return to “North American Roots”