RedBar May 2024

smellody
Owner

RedBar May 2024

Post by smellody » May 9th 2024, 8:21am

Last night was RedBar. As a twist to the regular get togethers they had vendors at the meet-up.

Christopher Ward, Former, and Fears.

My IMGUR account is pissing me off and only two or three pictures upload at a time (if they upload), so, I'll continue to add to this thread.

CW
These looked fancy.
Here is an accidental picture of my shoes 👞.
smellody
Owner

Re: RedBar May 2024

Post by smellody » May 11th 2024, 10:58pm

WISesheimer wrote:
May 11th 2024, 4:36pm
smellody wrote:
May 9th 2024, 9:03am
And one for WISeheimer
Nice, but I am holding out for a leopard print Rolex
"Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood. Always time to dream, so keep on dreamin'"
smellody
Owner

Post by smellody » May 11th 2024, 11:08pm

Richt2k wrote:
May 11th 2024, 3:32pm
What is RedBar? I saw Frederic Constant had a RedBar highlife edition but never knew what it was
How do I explain RedBar? . . . Monthly meeting of watch enthusiasts in major cities. I think it started in New York City. I'd have to guess RedBar Portland is a smaller chapter. You need an invitation to join and must check-in a week before the monthly meet up.

The location changes so the day before you get the location reveal.

Folks bring watches to the meet up to discuss, touch, and share. Rolex and others are obviously popular. As are Seiko and other stuff.

Other chapters will get vendors showing watches and sometimes the meet-up is at a car dealership for the reveal on the next best puddle jumper. Once we met in a cool haberdashery with a Kingsman feel.

Members include tech kids with more $ than good taste, true connoisseurs, medical doctors, and watch makers.

I think someone reached out to Alain or Alain reached out to the Portland chapter leader. Several Watchlords met up for a RedBar, I don't think it was everyone's cup of tea, but I participate regularly and have made some new friends.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » May 12th 2024, 6:30pm

smellody wrote:
May 9th 2024, 9:03am
Copper dial. I prefer the similar Longines version.
I really like linenish dials and, on this one, especially the hands. They're different, and they have a good line.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “General Watch talk”