The Ward Hoard is for sale

Racer-X
Administrator

The Ward Hoard is for sale

Post by Racer-X » December 3rd 2023, 12:05am

The Ward Hoard is a site selling only Christopher Ward watches, mostly used, and has been around since 2020.

Now, it’s all for sale.

https://www.wardhoard.com/for-sale

DON’T BUY A WATCH, BUY THE WHOLE BUSINESS!

As well as running Ward Hoard, I also co-own a tattoo studio, a personal number plate business, a software business, three kids and a dog… all of which have resulted in me spreading myself too thinly and generally doing a ‘could-do-better’ job of everything!

So with a heavy heart, I’ve made the decision to step away from my CW watch obsession :(

I’ve loved every second of my Ward Hoard journey which started ‘for real’ when this website went live just over three years ago in October 2020. It’s not only funded my own CW collection, and given me a legitimate excuse to spend hours on a fun hobby, but it’s also provided the added bonus of a steady income!

WHAT’S FOR SALE?

What I’m essentially selling is my CW watch (and strap) collection, with a free business attached! What’s included for ‘free’ would be the website, web domain, my extensive photo archive, plus a spreadsheet listing every used CW I’ve ever bought and how much I’ve sold it for – a pretty useful piece of data for anyone looking to buy and sell CW watches. I’d also include a list of people who have contacted me looking for specific models - you’ll be surprised at how often you can match buyers with sellers! I’d also include as much experience and knowledge as I can share to help any potential buyer continue and hopefully surpass the success I’ve had with it.

HOW PROFITABLE IS IT?

I’m averaging about £20k profit per year – that’s based on me averaging 100 watches per year and usually making about £200 profit per watch. Occasionally there’s been little or no profit if an out-of-warranty watch develops a problem during the new owner’s first three months of ownership, but I don’t even need all the fingers of one hand to count how many times that’s happened – a 5+ year old Christopher Ward watch is a pretty reliable thing. Occasionally the profit is much higher than £200 - If I’m going to invest £3k+ on one stock watch, it wouldn’t be advertised at less than £3,750-£4k.

While those kind of numbers aren’t gonna be putting you or I on any Sunday Times Rich Lists any time soon, getting paid £20k a year to run a part-time hobby business is okay in my book!

HOW MUCH £££?

The 43 watches currently listed/previewed on the website have a combined selling price of £38,175. I also have over 100 straps and over 50 bracelets with a retail value of over £10,000. So the retail value is around £48k. Plus whatever value you might put on the business itself.

I’m inviting offers over £30k.

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: The Ward Hoard is for sale

Post by jason_recliner » December 3rd 2023, 8:02pm

bbattle wrote:
December 3rd 2023, 6:00pm
Must be too tiring having to ring up all those sales, day after day.

I just think he has too many hobbies and is thinning the herd. Good opportunity to someone. Maybe that watch reviewer Teddy?
Hell, maybe I'll buy the business instead of that new IWC. Pay it off in 18 months and then enjoy those sweet sweet profits.

Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by Mark1 » December 3rd 2023, 11:48pm

Seems like an excellent opportunity for some enterprising fellow. I'd jump on it myself, but my Invicta insanity hustle keeps me pretty busy.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 5th 2023, 7:34pm

Thunder1 wrote:
December 4th 2023, 5:56am
I bet someone snaps up that opportunity soon..
Indeed...

Reminds me of an old story about the blatantly obvious being overlooked while hiding in plain sight --

A young man is told the following story by his wiae old grandfather after being cheated out of a valuable baseball card he'd traded for a worthless card an older boy had slipped into a pack of valuable rookie cards at a baseball memorabilia show.

"This man works at a factory and the boss having observed the worker for a period of time comes to believe his employee is stealing. Everyday, at quitting time the worker would show up to the gate pushing a wheelbarrow full of packing straw. So, on orders from the boss, the guard would search through the straw and finding nothing would pass the worker through the gate never finding anything stolen". The boy ponders the story a moment and asks, "so he wasn't stealing after all, grampa?" "Sure he was" replies the wise old man. "Wheelbarrows."
^^^Copyright ©️ 2023 3flushes Media.^^^
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 6th 2023, 12:16am

3Flushes wrote:
December 5th 2023, 7:34pm
Thunder1 wrote:
Indeed...

Reminds me of an old story about the blatantly obvious being overlooked while hiding in plain sight --

A young man is told the following story by his wiae old grandfather after being cheated out of a valuable baseball card he'd traded for a worthless card an older boy had slipped into a pack of valuable rookie cards at a baseball memorabilia show.

"This man works at a factory and the boss having observed the worker for a period of time comes to believe his employee is stealing. Everyday, at quitting time the worker would show up to the gate pushing a wheelbarrow full of packing straw. So, on orders from the boss, the guard would search through the straw and finding nothing would pass the worker through the gate never finding anything stolen". The boy ponders the story a moment and asks, "so he wasn't stealing after all, grampa?" "Sure he was" replies the wise old man. "Wheelbarrows."
That reminds you of somebody buying Whored Bored?
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 6th 2023, 7:59pm

jason_recliner wrote:
December 6th 2023, 12:16am
3Flushes wrote:
December 5th 2023, 7:34pm
Thunder1 wrote:
Indeed...

That reminds you of somebody buying Whored Bored?
Indeed.

Sometimes the truth is so obvious that you can't see it because you're looking too hard for what you want to believe - someone will undoubtedly be soon parted from their money for this opportunity.
Racer-X
Administrator

Post by Racer-X » March 11th 2024, 4:47pm

Someone bought it.

https://www.wardhoard.com/about

WHY WARD HOARD?

Ward Hoard was formed several years ago by a fellow watch and CW enthusiast, Dan Lewis, and he grew it to a business with a great reputation. When he put it up for sale to focus on other business activities, it was simply an opportunity too good to turn down.
conjurer
Owner

Post by conjurer » March 11th 2024, 8:20pm

Racer-X wrote:
March 11th 2024, 4:47pm
Someone bought it.

https://www.wardhoard.com/about

WHY WARD HOARD?

Ward Hoard was formed several years ago by a fellow watch and CW enthusiast, Dan Lewis, and he grew it to a business with a great reputation. When he put it up for sale to focus on other business activities, it was simply an opportunity too good to turn down.
Jesus. I'll never get back the five minutes I spent after clicking that link.
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Post by nimbleboy » March 15th 2024, 1:00pm

conjurer wrote:
March 12th 2024, 6:30pm
Racer-X wrote:
March 12th 2024, 3:53pm
Bought by a CW Forum member.

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/ge ... ml#p985205
Fuck! There's a CW forum?? That's like having a forum for Mr. Coffee machines.

Kinda, I guess...
https://www.coffeeforums.com/threads/mr-coffee.7653/
Is it safe?
conjurer
Owner

Post by conjurer » March 15th 2024, 7:36pm

nimbleboy wrote:
March 15th 2024, 1:00pm
conjurer wrote:
Racer-X wrote:
March 12th 2024, 3:53pm
Bought by a CW Forum member.

https://www.christopherwardforum.com/ge ... ml#p985205

Kinda, I guess...

Jeebus!!
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » March 15th 2024, 8:32pm

conjurer wrote:
March 15th 2024, 7:36pm
nimbleboy wrote:
conjurer wrote:

Kinda, I guess...

Jeebus!!
I have to go with the Cuisanart crowd. If they fail within the warranty period, free replacements of a some discontinued vintage or another are readily available at Costco, NIB. I consider the inevitable few dollars more the replacement costs as the price of renting the machine.
conjurer
Owner

Post by conjurer » March 15th 2024, 11:00pm

3Flushes wrote:
March 15th 2024, 8:32pm
conjurer wrote:
nimbleboy wrote:

Kinda, I guess...

Jeebus!!
I have to go with the Cuisanart crowd. If they fail within the warranty period, free replacements of a some discontinued vintage or another are readily available at Costco, NIB. I consider the inevitable few dollars more the replacement costs as the price of renting the machine.
To continue with the Cecil of this thread (which is welcome, as the idea of buying a CW is so stultifyingly boring there isn't a Cabriole table leg big enough to hammer up my fucking ass), I use a fucking Mr. Coffee. I've owned a Cuisinart, a Bunn, and a couple of others, but, to me, coffee is nothing more than a delivery system for caffeine. Buying anything more expensive than a Mr. Coffee is fucking stupid. Rhapsodizing about one's coffee maker is like a junkie singing praises for his syringe--(Oh, my Becton, Dickinson and Company works really mainlines that heroin right to my fucking brain!!).

One thing I've never used for coffee making is the French press. These are too ghey for me. And, remember, Joe DiMaggio sponsored Mr. Coffee, and he was dead butch. He fucked Marilyn Monroe, FFS.

I rest my case.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » March 18th 2024, 8:12pm

conjurer wrote:
March 15th 2024, 11:00pm
3Flushes wrote:
March 15th 2024, 8:32pm
conjurer wrote:

Jeebus!!
To continue with the Cecil of this thread (which is welcome, as the idea of buying a CW is so stultifyingly boring there isn't a Cabriole table leg big enough to hammer up my fucking ass), I use a fucking Mr. Coffee. I've owned a Cuisinart, a Bunn, and a couple of others, but, to me, coffee is nothing more than a delivery system for caffeine. Buying anything more expensive than a Mr. Coffee is fucking stupid. Rhapsodizing about one's coffee maker is like a junkie singing praises for his syringe--(Oh, my Becton, Dickinson and Company works really mainlines that heroin right to my fucking brain!!).

One thing I've never used for coffee making is the French press. These are too ghey for me. And, remember, Joe DiMaggio sponsored Mr. Coffee, and he was dead butch. He fucked Marilyn Monroe, FFS.

I rest my case.
Indeed.

However;

An inferior coffee maker makes for bitter coffee, which, using your above analogy, is the equivalent of shooting up with a dull point.

Aside from being scarf tying genieuses and wine mavens, the French know their way around a cup'a joe, by golly.

Return to “General Watch talk”