help to verify authenticity

User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 10271
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by smellody » December 20th 2022, 11:59pm

Beantown843 wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:11pm
ocean wrote:
December 20th 2022, 4:25pm
Here’s another one for sale. https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/supe ... 788350.htm
Thank you Ocean!! Not sure what happened but I am sure a quality watch for a fair price will pop up. Aside from Ebay, are there any sites anyone recommends staying away from? thank you all and have safe and great holiday season!
https://www.watchrecon.com/
   Image
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 10770
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by 3Flushes » December 21st 2022, 3:45am

If sellers are accepting Pay Pal goods and services for payment the chances are good you'll reveive the real deal but if you get screwed it is a headache, recourse notwithstanding.

Papers and packaging are unimportant to me but are an obsession to many collectors.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
Beantown843
Posts: 17
Joined: December 4th 2022, 7:39am
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by Beantown843 » December 23rd 2022, 7:36pm

3Flushes wrote:
December 21st 2022, 3:45am
If sellers are accepting Pay Pal goods and services for payment the chances are good you'll reveive the real deal but if you get screwed it is a headache, recourse notwithstanding.

Papers and packaging are unimportant to me but are an obsession to many collectors.
Thanks 3 flushes! I like them to help verify that I am getting what I paid for. Maybe its just a feel good thing but I think it makes the package complete. In this case, especially since I want to give it to my son sometime soon.
User avatar
Beantown843
Posts: 17
Joined: December 4th 2022, 7:39am
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by Beantown843 » December 23rd 2022, 7:47pm

smellody wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:59pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:11pm
ocean wrote:
December 20th 2022, 4:25pm
Here’s another one for sale. https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/supe ... 788350.htm
Thank you Ocean!! Not sure what happened but I am sure a quality watch for a fair price will pop up. Aside from Ebay, are there any sites anyone recommends staying away from? thank you all and have safe and great holiday season!
https://www.watchrecon.com/
Thanks! So you think watchrecon is a reliable place to buy a watch?
Thanks
Ed
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 10271
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by smellody » December 23rd 2022, 7:51pm

Beantown843 wrote:
December 23rd 2022, 7:47pm
smellody wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:59pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:11pm
ocean wrote:
December 20th 2022, 4:25pm
Here’s another one for sale. https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/supe ... 788350.htm
Thank you Ocean!! Not sure what happened but I am sure a quality watch for a fair price will pop up. Aside from Ebay, are there any sites anyone recommends staying away from? thank you all and have safe and great holiday season!
https://www.watchrecon.com/
Thanks! So you think watchrecon is a reliable place to buy a watch?
Thanks
Ed
It is a place to find watches. You "buy the seller" based on reputation.
   Image
User avatar
smellody (Online)
Owner
Posts: 10271
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by smellody » December 24th 2022, 7:32am

smellody wrote:
December 23rd 2022, 7:51pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 23rd 2022, 7:47pm
smellody wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:59pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:11pm
ocean wrote:
December 20th 2022, 4:25pm
Here’s another one for sale. https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/supe ... 788350.htm
Thank you Ocean!! Not sure what happened but I am sure a quality watch for a fair price will pop up. Aside from Ebay, are there any sites anyone recommends staying away from? thank you all and have safe and great holiday season!
https://www.watchrecon.com/
Thanks! So you think watchrecon is a reliable place to buy a watch?
Thanks
Ed
It is a place to find watches. You "buy the seller" based on reputation.
For example, I've had a dozen or more transactions with drster. Current watches I've bought or traded from Mark include:

My 16718
Image

My 116515
Image

My 5508
Image

My Doxa
Image

Other watches I've bought from Mark that I no longer have:

*Breitling Superocean 2
*Tudor Black Bay (original red)
*Others I am sure, but amazingly can't remember

Mark has made it possible for me to attain higher end pieces through trades.

Here is my Tudor Hydronaut that I traded towards the 5508 that I was able to hunt down and return to the collection.

Image

Mark currently has a couple of nice seamasters. I'd buy the white and orange PO if I wasn't in the doghouse for buying another car.

"Buy the seller. . . "
   Image
User avatar
Beantown843
Posts: 17
Joined: December 4th 2022, 7:39am
Contact:

Re: help to verify authenticity

Post by Beantown843 » December 26th 2022, 8:21am

smellody wrote:
December 23rd 2022, 7:51pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 23rd 2022, 7:47pm
smellody wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:59pm
Beantown843 wrote:
December 20th 2022, 11:11pm
ocean wrote:
December 20th 2022, 4:25pm
Here’s another one for sale. https://www.chrono24.com/breitling/supe ... 788350.htm
Thank you Ocean!! Not sure what happened but I am sure a quality watch for a fair price will pop up. Aside from Ebay, are there any sites anyone recommends staying away from? thank you all and have safe and great holiday season!
https://www.watchrecon.com/
Thanks! So you think watchrecon is a reliable place to buy a watch?
Thanks
Ed
It is a place to find watches. You "buy the seller" based on reputation.
Understood thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “General Watch talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests