PATEK CHANGES CALATRAVA

boscoe
ASSHAT

PATEK CHANGES CALATRAVA

Post by boscoe » October 17th 2022, 6:53am

https://nypost.com/2022/10/14/patek-phi ... esh-flair/

Still don't understand the price of these watches - or the brand.
Hold a grudge because they were caught inflating used prices at antiquarium auctions a decade ago - and nobody seemed to give a shit.
This indifference - and the Rise of the Lalo - are cultural flares that warned of America's on-going political crisis. But this isn't a political rant - just the observation that small things, like watches, can signal a sea change in attitudes. It's important to pay attention.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: PATEK CHANGES CALATRAVA

Post by 3Flushes » October 18th 2022, 3:02am

Funny - When I was a kid I went to the watchmaker with my dad sporting my new to me Seiko 2 handed dress watch to replace the strap. It was square, gold, with a gold, satin textured dial. Sharp looking.

I wandered out to the watch shop and was looking at the Patek cases and saw a square watch that really looked a lot like my watch. I said to the cousin-salesman stuck with making sure I didn't fuck anything up - hey that looks just like my Seiko. Other way around, he annoyantly replied. Can I see it? HELL no.

Some things never change.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » October 18th 2022, 8:42am

codguy wrote:
October 18th 2022, 8:13am
SynMike wrote:
October 17th 2022, 11:02pm
Isn't that just a Seiko with a different logo?
Only if a Invicta Pro Diver is just a Rolex Submariner with a different logo
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. Beware of thorns.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » October 21st 2022, 5:01pm

3Flushes wrote:
October 18th 2022, 3:02am
Funny - When I was a kid I went to the watchmaker with my dad sporting my new to me Seiko 2 handed dress watch to replace the strap. It was square, gold, with a gold, satin textured dial. Sharp looking.

I wandered out to the watch shop and was looking at the Patek cases and saw a square watch that really looked a lot like my watch. I said to the cousin-salesman stuck with making sure I didn't fuck anything up - hey that looks just like my Seiko. Other way around, he annoyantly replied. Can I see it? HELL no.

Some things never change.
That's my problem with a lot of dive watches; they all seem to look the same unless you are at sniffing distance to the watch. I have my Islander dive watch; it looks an awful lot like all many of the others unless you are paying attention. And who has the money to do that?

Patek changes the Calatrava because Patek is bored; not because Patek buyers are bored. Have you seen the prices on PP watches? Makes Rolex look like rank amateurs in the overpriced but still selling like crazy market.

Return to “General Watch talk”