Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post Reply
User avatar
svaglic
Master of Time
Posts: 5499
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by svaglic » October 7th 2022, 4:28pm

I thought this was the coolest Ball ever, until the lights went out. Took it off my must have list after I saw a picture in the dark.
774C4A4E-EACD-4F8B-B285-4409FCAFE651.jpeg
E056F275-7E4C-4223-A5E1-4A5B2A29CCF1.jpeg
D62C47D9-98A2-450F-A6FB-95079302E060.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
Image
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 10724
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by 3Flushes » October 8th 2022, 1:33am

Lume is appropriatye on dials where it has been traditionally applied, that is, served a functionality in a watches originally intended service, and suits the quixotic desire to own such a watch. Svag's Ball is a great example of where lume clashes and really fucks up the design language of the of the watch in whole. Although I have to agree that Indiglo is the schiz.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 11092
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by Hawk » October 8th 2022, 8:42pm

At one point in my life I had a need of telling time in the dark and accumulated some number of Balls and Seikos that made a specialty of it.

But that time is mostly in the rear view mirror presently and my interest has waned. Fortunate as the Ball 12 year half-life on lume makes them agreeable in the present.
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 9671
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by jason_recliner » October 8th 2022, 10:04pm

It's pretty rare I need to tell the time in the dark. Even rarer that I need to tell the time in the dark and I'm not holding my phone. Agree with BB and 3xF that Indiglo looks superb in the dark. Super easy to activate as well (if you cannot find your watch crown you've got bigger problems than telling the time in the dark). Auto-activate EL on some Gs is also sweet, when it works, but mine at least seems to be a bit temperamental. Still don't quite know how to get it to activate every time with a flick of the wrist.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 10724
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by 3Flushes » October 9th 2022, 1:41am

jason_recliner wrote:
October 8th 2022, 10:04pm
...Auto-activate EL on some Gs is also sweet, when it works, but mine at least seems to be a bit temperamental...
Pulsar never really figured it out, either, although they did make one of the funniest tv commercials of all time to promote their P2 (IIRC) auto display with a rotation of wrist to viewing position version... "push the button..." for those who've seen it and aren't too old to remember...
^^^Copyright ©️ 2022 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
bedlam
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 9530
Joined: November 12th 2011, 11:00pm
Location: Fremantle, Australia (GMT +8)
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by bedlam » October 9th 2022, 3:29am

I don't need lume on a dive watch. It's been handy on a field watch though when camping.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Capitalism: a cult that promised to do good for the worst reasons.
Nationalism: a profound longing to go back to a past that never existed.
boscoe
ASSHAT
Posts: 10038
Joined: March 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by boscoe » October 12th 2022, 2:47pm

I ditched my Roman numeral Datejust because it lacked lume and was so relatively small I couldn't read it in dim light.
Lume rules!
I particularly love it when someone in a movie theater yells at me to "Turn Down Your Dam Watch, Asshole!" which happens every time I wear a manly 73 mm Invicta to the multi-plex.
No matter how many times I try to cover up the timepiece, desperate women keep tugging at my shirt sleeve just for a peek as I struggle to my seat. The Flame Fusion crystal is SO clear the watch shines like a Beacon of Holy Hope, which is why Invicta is STILL one of the most feared names in the watch industry today.
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 9671
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by jason_recliner » October 12th 2022, 3:57pm

boscoe wrote:
October 12th 2022, 2:47pm
I ditched my Roman numeral Datejust because it lacked lume and was so relatively small I couldn't read it in dim light.
Lume rules!
I particularly love it when someone in a movie theater yells at me to "Turn Down Your Dam Watch, Asshole!" which happens every time I wear a manly 73 mm Invicta to the multi-plex.
No matter how many times I try to cover up the timepiece, desperate women keep tugging at my shirt sleeve just for a peek as I struggle to my seat. The Flame Fusion crystal is SO clear the watch shines like a Beacon of Holy Hope, which is why Invicta is STILL one of the most feared names in the watch industry today.
That happened to me eight times yesterday. I got so many blow jobs I lost count I got 20 blow jobs,
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34163
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by conjurer » October 12th 2022, 4:25pm

jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 3:57pm
boscoe wrote:
October 12th 2022, 2:47pm
I ditched my Roman numeral Datejust because it lacked lume and was so relatively small I couldn't read it in dim light.
Lume rules!
I particularly love it when someone in a movie theater yells at me to "Turn Down Your Dam Watch, Asshole!" which happens every time I wear a manly 73 mm Invicta to the multi-plex.
No matter how many times I try to cover up the timepiece, desperate women keep tugging at my shirt sleeve just for a peek as I struggle to my seat. The Flame Fusion crystal is SO clear the watch shines like a Beacon of Holy Hope, which is why Invicta is STILL one of the most feared names in the watch industry today.
That happened to me eight times yesterday. I got so many blow jobs I lost count I got 20 blow jobs,
How long did it take for the guys to come?
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34163
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by conjurer » October 12th 2022, 5:28pm

jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:21pm
They was all beautiful women's blowing me I think they were super models and one was also Jessica Alba
Twenty blowjobs? At first I was going to call bullshit, since that would have used up the better part of a day--then I remembered you're Australian. So it took, what, 20 minutes?
User avatar
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 2212
Joined: July 11th 2019, 2:51pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by bbattle » October 12th 2022, 5:37pm

conjurer wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:28pm
jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:21pm
They was all beautiful women's blowing me I think they were super models and one was also Jessica Alba
Twenty blowjobs? At first I was going to call bullshit, since that would have used up the better part of a day--then I remembered you're Australian. So it took, what, 20 minutes?
This is undoubtedly a time when Lume is not only necessary, but required by law for confirmation purposes.
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1560
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by DoctorIvey » October 12th 2022, 6:21pm

boscoe wrote:
October 12th 2022, 2:47pm
I ditched my Roman numeral Datejust because it lacked lume and was so relatively small I couldn't read it in dim light.
Lume rules!
I particularly love it when someone in a movie theater yells at me to "Turn Down Your Dam Watch, Asshole!" which happens every time I wear a manly 73 mm Invicta to the multi-plex.
No matter how many times I try to cover up the timepiece, desperate women keep tugging at my shirt sleeve just for a peek as I struggle to my seat. The Flame Fusion crystal is SO clear the watch shines like a Beacon of Holy Hope, which is why Invicta is STILL one of the most feared names in the watch industry today.
Yes! Although nobody disrespects me when I wear my Invictard Golden Reserve. I stopped wearing it in pubic though because I grew weary of the offers to buy it, and recently I heard roving bands of yutes were robbing men for their Swiss Made Invictards. Last times I wore it was to my watchmakers. He could not even believe it costed less than ten thousands of dollars oncet he espied it through his loop. He used to be a Rolex factory mechanic and said the Golden Reserves makes a Submariner look like something that John Cameron Swayze scraped off the bottom of his boot. True fact.
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1560
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by DoctorIvey » October 12th 2022, 6:23pm

conjurer wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:28pm
jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:21pm
They was all beautiful women's blowing me I think they were super models and one was also Jessica Alba
Twenty blowjobs? At first I was going to call bullshit, since that would have used up the better part of a day--then I remembered you're Australian. So it took, what, 20 minutes?
Took 20 minutes but cost ten thousand Australian dollars.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34163
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by conjurer » October 12th 2022, 6:53pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
October 12th 2022, 6:23pm
conjurer wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:28pm
jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:21pm
They was all beautiful women's blowing me I think they were super models and one was also Jessica Alba
Twenty blowjobs? At first I was going to call bullshit, since that would have used up the better part of a day--then I remembered you're Australian. So it took, what, 20 minutes?
Took 20 minutes but cost ten thousand Australian dollars.
Each!
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 9671
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Is Lume Really Necessary?

Post by jason_recliner » October 13th 2022, 12:58am

conjurer wrote:
October 12th 2022, 6:53pm
DoctorIvey wrote:
October 12th 2022, 6:23pm
conjurer wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:28pm
jason_recliner wrote:
October 12th 2022, 5:21pm
They was all beautiful women's blowing me I think they were super models and one was also Jessica Alba
Twenty blowjobs? At first I was going to call bullshit, since that would have used up the better part of a day--then I remembered you're Australian. So it took, what, 20 minutes?
Took 20 minutes but cost ten thousand Australian dollars.
Each!
Eh. Still less than a Snickers.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Post Reply

Return to “General Watch talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests