The Favourite Watches Of Charles III

koimaster
Founder

The Favourite Watches Of Charles III

Post by koimaster » September 12th 2022, 2:09pm

The Queen is dead. Long live the King! After one of the longest reigns in modern history, Queen Elizabeth II passed away last week at the age of 96 at Balmoral Castle. As tradition goes, the United Kingdom has appointed the heir to the throne. The first child of then-Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh, and Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, a man we’ve known as Prince Charles for the past 73 years, was proclaimed King Charles III on 8 September. Long live the King, indeed. But you’re reading MONOCHROME, and we’re not here to write history. We’re here to talk about watches. And when it comes to UK’s new King, there are a few noteworthy models in his collection. Here are the favourite watches of Charles III, King of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth Realms.

CHARLES III’S MOST EMBLEMATIC WATCH, A PARMIGIANI TORIC CHRONOGRAPH
More than just one watch that has already been spotted on the wrist of Charles, but no other can rival the following one in terms of fame and recurrence. Probably the most emblematic watch of the newly proclaimed King of the United Kingdom – and one that we’ve seen on so many occasions – the Parmigiani Fleurier was the watch he chose for the most important step in his “career” as a King: the signature of his proclamation.

https://monochrome-watches.com/spotted- ... M52iRMZHLc

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
boscoe
ASSHAT

Re: The Favourite Watches Of Charles III

Post by boscoe » September 14th 2022, 4:42pm

This is all crap.
His Majesty does NOT carry a watch.
Like all gentlemen of a certain breeding, the King of England employs a Watch Bearer who is charged with following the king with an appropriate time piece strapped on his wrist, much like a Gun Bearer on safari.
When the monarch shouts, "Time!," the Watch Bearer smartly snaps out his wrist, gazes at the appropriate time piece and sounds the time of day, usually in bells since Britain's empire is based on a very real nautical tradition and the king holds the military title of Lord High Admiral of the United Kingdom.
Any idea the ruler of the Commonwealth would fancy something so plebeian as a watch is grand heresy.
Thank you!
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Hawk » September 15th 2022, 5:39pm

Insofar as he has his toothpaste applied to his brush by others, the idea of a watch bearer isn’t much of a stretch.

Personally I’m wondering if there’s a need for a Royal pen bearer, what the salary might be and whether one must be a UK native to apply for the position.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » September 15th 2022, 10:50pm

Hawk wrote:
September 15th 2022, 5:39pm
Insofar as he has his toothpaste applied to his brush by others, the idea of a watch bearer isn’t much of a stretch.

Personally I’m wondering if there’s a need for a Royal pen bearer, what the salary might be and whether one must be a UK native to apply for the position.
Christ knows, I'm no Communist. But, somebody to put his toothpaste onto his fucking toothbrush? That's some fucked up shit right there. Regarding a time-teller, I suppose a burly Gurka to read him the time would be OK, as well as adding to his security detail.

Charles: "What time, my man?"

Gurka: "Ten thirty, your royal highness."

Charles: "Good. Now, fuck off, then. I want to lay some cable on Camille Porker-Bowels."

Gurka: "You bet, bozz!"
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 16th 2022, 11:05am

King Charles III recently seen at Cardiff, Wales. He wears a discontinued swiss Parmigiani Fleurier gold chronograph with a sub-dial for a second time zone. Never heard of this brand before; pretty elegant dress piece. Note the date window.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by smellody » September 16th 2022, 11:13am

koimaster wrote:
September 16th 2022, 11:05am
King Charles III recently seen at Cardiff, Wales. He wears a discontinued swiss Parmigiani Fleurier gold chronograph with a sub-dial for a second time zone. Never heard of this brand before; pretty elegant dress piece. Note the date window.

I like it. If it is good enough for Chuck, I'll take one.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » September 16th 2022, 2:53pm

koimaster wrote:
September 16th 2022, 11:05am
Never heard of this brand before; pretty elegant dress piece. Note the date window.
Really? They shot to fame when they started making Bugatti watches.

Fuck VW.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “General Watch talk”