Luxury Quartz Watches

jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Luxury Quartz Watches

Post by jason_recliner » August 24th 2022, 8:11pm

Just noticed that Breitling used to do a bunch more quartz watches than what is currently offered. I think Cartier still do a few, and GS probably still does the 9F82. I wish more luxury brands offered quartz options - I don't really value a mass-produced mechanical movement that highly any more and I can't be the only one. It would be nice to get the finish of a Breitling without paying thousands more for a movement that half the time I'm too lazy to set.

This looks great to me and I couldn't care less what makes it tick:
Actually, I prefer the way the subdials are set out evenly over the dial compared to the 7750 and 289x options. $3k-ish from Joma - that's a lot of watch for the money in today's stupid market IMO.
Last edited by jason_recliner on August 25th 2022, 4:22am, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Luxury Quartz Watches

Post by MAX » August 25th 2022, 5:47am

I have no problem with high quality quartz watches except for needing battery changes. New battery tech is getting up to 10 years life but why not a USB charging port like some of my flashlights. (flash not flesh). Should be easy to waterproof.

Just nitpicking here, not a big deal as I change all my own. Be nice not to have to send a high quality back to the factory for a battery and water testing.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by smellody » August 25th 2022, 8:13am

jason_recliner wrote:
August 25th 2022, 5:53am
10yr battery life would be pretty good. Even five years. Most of us probably don't do this but aren't we meant to be servicing our mechanical watches every five years or so?
Watchever floats your boat 🚢 🚣‍♀️
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » August 25th 2022, 4:25pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
August 25th 2022, 2:57pm
The only thing worse than a me me me shitheel with a blingy Breitling chock full o’ time knobs is an attention craving shitheel with a quartz Breitling.
That said, I do like a lot of quartz wartches, e.g. The Citizen, Marinemaster tunas, and even the Marathon, for gratuitous examples.
Hey, I resemble that remark! You can take the boy out of Enfield, but you can't take Enfield out of the boy!

(Adelaide Northern suburbs reference)
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks

Return to “General Watch talk”