A watch for a lifetime

Post Reply
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 8069
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by Thunder1 » August 23rd 2022, 6:32am

jason_recliner wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 5:46am
Rolex submariner no-date so I can go straight from the beach to the boardroom. What would YOU choose, cornholer? You can't beat my answer, it's the correct answer.
I think quite a lot of folks would go w/ this choice.. **(@
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time
Posts: 5463
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by svaglic » August 23rd 2022, 7:48am

I don’t settle, I buy one of everything. How am I going to be the watch hoarder I am if I don’t buy everything I see?
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
Image
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9599
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by smellody » August 23rd 2022, 8:56am

Thunder1 wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:32am
jason_recliner wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 5:46am
Rolex submariner no-date so I can go straight from the beach to the boardroom. What would YOU choose, cornholer? You can't beat my answer, it's the correct answer.
I think quite a lot of folks would go w/ this choice.. **(@
Me too, but mine would be date in 18k.
   Image
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 8069
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by Thunder1 » August 23rd 2022, 9:22am

smellody wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 8:56am
Thunder1 wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:32am
jason_recliner wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 5:46am
Rolex submariner no-date so I can go straight from the beach to the boardroom. What would YOU choose, cornholer? You can't beat my answer, it's the correct answer.
I think quite a lot of folks would go w/ this choice.. **(@
Me too, but mine would be date in 18k.
Hmm, I could be seen wearing one of those..
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 9599
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: OR
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by smellody » August 23rd 2022, 10:31am

conjurer wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 9:43am
it Wood bea Arthur a Invicter GODAM it ewe cann Get a fyne Wartche alan Frum them That will robinson Lasst manny Years & bea Ass gud as A rolax Our paycheck Philip And will Get ewer Dick Suckked by manny Broads (our Homo Beers, if That;s Iz ewer thang.
Likely due to the flame fashion and swiss microelctroplating.
   Image
User avatar
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1521
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by DoctorIvey » August 23rd 2022, 6:33pm

You can’t wear a sub in the boardroom with an actual suit. Not unless it’s the 21st century, in which case you could wear a clock around your neck and have a face tattoo because, unlike bowling league, there are no rules.
I actually asked myself this question as a young man in the mid 80s and got a Datejust. Because of the stick indices. Otherwise, a Milgauss or Explorer would do. I think a Datejust back then was around $1600. Of course, there are a lot of other (perhaps better) choices. But I was young, and not super imaginative.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34015
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by conjurer » August 23rd 2022, 6:43pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:33pm
You can’t wear a sub in the boardroom with an actual suit. Not unless it’s the 21st century, in which case you could wear a clock around your neck and have a face tattoo because, unlike bowling league, there are no rules.
I actually asked myself this question as a young man in the mid 80s and got a Datejust. Because of the stick indices. Otherwise, a Milgauss or Explorer would do. I think a Datejust back then was around $1600. Of course, there are a lot of other (perhaps better) choices. But I was young, and not super imaginative.
yuppers. Most of Uss can't Knot ware a rollacks Beacause we don't KNot half the monees but four onlee juan Hundrad dollers ewe can Ware a sub-Aqueer Homer EYE EYE EYE & mak a Staitment two the Othar mambers of The borde.
User avatar
Hawk
ASSHAT
Posts: 11022
Joined: October 8th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by Hawk » August 23rd 2022, 7:58pm

Eye think you should consider a Pot-Gar Pee-Airy cuz you live on top of the Cascadia subduction zone and if that baby ever cuts loose you are gonna need something that keeps working after a quake so you can time how long it takes to dig out.

Eye, on the other hand need a subaqua homer for when my town slides into the Gulf of Mexico. Cuz it will never leak if I don’t get it wet.
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 34015
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by conjurer » August 23rd 2022, 8:23pm

Hawk wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 7:58pm
Eye think you should consider a Pot-Gar Pee-Airy cuz you live on top of the Cascadia subduction zone and if that baby ever cuts loose you are gonna need something that keeps working after a quake so you can time how long it takes to dig out.

Eye, on the other hand need a subaqua homer for when my town slides into the Gulf of Mexico. Cuz it will never leak if I don’t get it wet.
wel Sayd GODAM it.
Post Reply

Return to “General Watch talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest