A watch for a lifetime

Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A watch for a lifetime

Post by Thunder1 » August 23rd 2022, 6:32am

jason_recliner wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 5:46am
Rolex submariner no-date so I can go straight from the beach to the boardroom. What would YOU choose, cornholer? You can't beat my answer, it's the correct answer.
I think quite a lot of folks would go w/ this choice.. **(@
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
svaglic (Online)
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » August 23rd 2022, 7:48am

I don’t settle, I buy one of everything. How am I going to be the watch hoarder I am if I don’t buy everything I see?
In memory of TB/Phfluff, since he isn’t here to continue to give his praise, I will share it for him.
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » August 23rd 2022, 8:56am

Thunder1 wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:32am
jason_recliner wrote:
Rolex submariner no-date so I can go straight from the beach to the boardroom. What would YOU choose, cornholer? You can't beat my answer, it's the correct answer.
Me too, but mine would be date in 18k.
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 23rd 2022, 9:22am

smellody wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 8:56am
Thunder1 wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:32am
jason_recliner wrote:
Me too, but mine would be date in 18k.
Hmm, I could be seen wearing one of those..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » August 23rd 2022, 10:31am

conjurer wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 9:43am
it Wood bea Arthur a Invicter GODAM it ewe cann Get a fyne Wartche alan Frum them That will robinson Lasst manny Years & bea Ass gud as A rolax Our paycheck Philip And will Get ewer Dick Suckked by manny Broads (our Homo Beers, if That;s Iz ewer thang.
Likely due to the flame fashion and swiss microelctroplating.
DoctorIvey (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » August 23rd 2022, 6:33pm

You can’t wear a sub in the boardroom with an actual suit. Not unless it’s the 21st century, in which case you could wear a clock around your neck and have a face tattoo because, unlike bowling league, there are no rules.
I actually asked myself this question as a young man in the mid 80s and got a Datejust. Because of the stick indices. Otherwise, a Milgauss or Explorer would do. I think a Datejust back then was around $1600. Of course, there are a lot of other (perhaps better) choices. But I was young, and not super imaginative.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 23rd 2022, 6:43pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 6:33pm
You can’t wear a sub in the boardroom with an actual suit. Not unless it’s the 21st century, in which case you could wear a clock around your neck and have a face tattoo because, unlike bowling league, there are no rules.
I actually asked myself this question as a young man in the mid 80s and got a Datejust. Because of the stick indices. Otherwise, a Milgauss or Explorer would do. I think a Datejust back then was around $1600. Of course, there are a lot of other (perhaps better) choices. But I was young, and not super imaginative.
yuppers. Most of Uss can't Knot ware a rollacks Beacause we don't KNot half the monees but four onlee juan Hundrad dollers ewe can Ware a sub-Aqueer Homer EYE EYE EYE & mak a Staitment two the Othar mambers of The borde.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » August 23rd 2022, 7:58pm

Eye think you should consider a Pot-Gar Pee-Airy cuz you live on top of the Cascadia subduction zone and if that baby ever cuts loose you are gonna need something that keeps working after a quake so you can time how long it takes to dig out.

Eye, on the other hand need a subaqua homer for when my town slides into the Gulf of Mexico. Cuz it will never leak if I don’t get it wet.
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 23rd 2022, 8:23pm

Hawk wrote:
August 23rd 2022, 7:58pm
Eye think you should consider a Pot-Gar Pee-Airy cuz you live on top of the Cascadia subduction zone and if that baby ever cuts loose you are gonna need something that keeps working after a quake so you can time how long it takes to dig out.

Eye, on the other hand need a subaqua homer for when my town slides into the Gulf of Mexico. Cuz it will never leak if I don’t get it wet.
wel Sayd GODAM it.

Return to “General Watch talk”