YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS LIST of best 2022 watches for men

Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS LIST of best 2022 watches for men

Post by Mark1 » June 7th 2022, 5:11pm

The writer sounds like a youngster. The Citizen, with nearly 3000 positive reviews is top o the line. The only wartch on that list that I would wear is the Seiko 5. I'm not old enough for that Omega. I wouldn't let you pay $1000 for a Gucci with a quartz movement and a bug on the dial. That gaudy Rolex has to be 31 or 34 mm to even be that cheap.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » June 7th 2022, 10:44pm

Not a terrible list… though chock full of ‘meh’.

Are we to assume from this article that skinny-jeans wearing, man-bun loving, sensitive asexual hipster types {formerly-known-as-young-men} are now wearing Ladies Datejusts? Wasn’t it enough to wear your girlfriend’s jeans? Now your going to wear her watch, too?
7A3E9BAD-4CD1-4DB3-993C-DA99F705B82D.jpeg
Just kidding. We know you don’t have a girlfriend. But that’s not because you used a 40% off ‘2 or more entrees’ on what you though was a date - but more likely because you seek out Rolexes at, of all places, WALMART!
3BCFC27E-8A26-4FD2-9B8E-7206B04D5D2F.jpeg

Rambling Personal Thoughts On Gucci:
I have loved Gucci since I was a boy and still very biased-ly believe they make the best damn dress shoes ever made. At least, since my last pair of Guccis.

But I do wish they had stopped at shoes, belts, purses, and other leather goods…. Their more conservative options are first class. For example their shoes can dress up a pair of jeans, or dress down a suit and sport coat and are shoes you can own forever (if you’re willing to have them re-soled later) making them much less expensive they they first seem.
A5153E81-016E-4C10-A5BB-38DC18503994.jpeg
And their wallets, like a good pair of socks or a decent watch dial or band - offer a bit of color and also wear like iron!
D409B0AF-01E2-4CF7-9328-BAD06FDD8A09.jpeg
Their store in Florence is staffed with the nicest sales professionals who treated us particularly well - they invited us to enjoy a few espresso on their third floor balcony adjacent to the Duomo, for craps sakes! And they offered to also hold our other goods (from different stores) in their custody until the end of the day - so we could wonder around without all of our loot in tow. Very nice, very thoughtful.
A947CE59-F258-4BAC-8C17-D8A8BC29CAA4.jpeg
But…I am more of a “dress shoes and leather goods” traditionalist.

I wish to my very core they would both get the hell OUT OF THE DAMN [business of branding] WATCH BUSINESS - and - DEFINITELY lose the damn misguided insect-motif - on everything. Lose it. Lose it NOW!

For craps sakes how much have the damn rappers and footballers corrupted your design house!? Sux and ugly. Suxgly!

However, no matter how much some may object, there is (apparently) big money in maintaining two camps into which they continue to successfully pedal their wares: Tasteful and Gaudy.

And Tasteful doesn’t make a splash in a ‘likes’-hungry world… so, based on what’s feeding into their P&L, Gaudy is where it’s at.

And now we have watches and sunglasses with bugs on them. :dssd:

Classic doesn’t go out of style - but this shit can’t go out - and away - fast enough!
66B3DF32-61AF-4643-9052-BAC30D5A8355.jpeg
/end rant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » June 8th 2022, 4:37pm

There will always be poseurs so there will always be fakes and cheaper levels of products shilled by companies that figure if their customers can't climb the mountain, show them the hill next door.

Sure, it's not a REAL Porsche, but that Boxster still says Porsche on the back(sorry, Miata) and that'll be good enough for those young and willing at the local pub.

Likewise, this "Best Watches of 2022" list could've been titled, "How to impress the ladies for less".
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » June 8th 2022, 8:09pm

bbattle wrote:
June 8th 2022, 4:37pm
Likewise, this "Best Watches of 2022" list could've been titled, "How to impress the ladies for less".
Good call. They can make a few changes (add Invicta?) and re-publish it in GQ as,

“BITCHES LOVE YOUR BLING - ON THE BUDGET OF A SHOE-STRING!”
”Russian Warship - Go Fuck Yourself!”

Return to “General Watch talk”