Bloomberg: The Best (and Worst) Car Watches of 2021

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Bloomberg: The Best (and Worst) Car Watches of 2021

Post by Nuvolari » December 23rd 2021, 10:02am

It’s not always financial/market news…

“If there’s one thing that unites car people, it’s watches. The intricate mechanisms driving the movements of a tourbillon or chronograph look like tiny, cleaner versions of the engines that power the world’s most legendary cars like the Porsche 911 or Bugatti Bolide. It’s mini mechanical fascination at its finest!

The relationship between car brands and watch brands goes back to the very dawn of the auto itself. Jaguar, Bugatti, and Bentley used set clocks in the dashboards of their cars to monitor progress on the track; Oldsmobile was adding its own branded clock to cars back in 1915. TAG Heuer and Porsche, Hublot and Ferrari, Bentley and Breitling: These more contemporary partnerships are renowned and documented—and highly profitable.“

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... in-bremont
Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers...
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Bloomberg: The Best (and Worst) Car Watches of 2021

Post by DoctorIvey » December 24th 2021, 5:57pm

bbattle wrote:
December 23rd 2021, 3:09pm
there's a few in there I wouldn't mind owning but the rest are just too over the top for me.

Porsche Design
Chopard Mille
Ulysse Nardin
Bremont

That Jacob & Co. Bugatti Chiron is atrociously bad.
Totally agree. Most of these monstrosities are virtually illegible, and at 800 or 900k? C’mon, man!
Like nearly everything from Bloomberg this article is devoid of any usefulness. Where is The Worst list, promised in the headline?
And another thing: if I have to read one more word about that Steve McQueen Monaco I’m gonna barf. The watch is stupid and the man was a narcissistic misogynist and couldn’t act his way out of a wet paper sack. He had a range from silence to brooding. After The Blob it was all downhill for him. Give me James Garner and his Heuer Carrera any day. Or even an Autavia and Buddy Hackett. Hell, give me a broken Swatch and Joan Hackett.
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 25th 2021, 12:28pm

The Bremont, VC, UN, Alsta and Porsche design are not half bad.

The rest, however, is some really ghastly shite.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 25th 2021, 1:34pm

Yeah… it seems like you really gotta ante up for Overdone & Ugly. One of the better looking options is at the lowest price.

And I’m with you Dotorre I - where the hell is the damn ‘worst’ list? Maybe those were it? WTF…

But, as bait goes, I did ‘click’ that shit…
Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares drivers...

Return to “General Watch talk”