TOP 5 BUDGET WATCH BRANDS

koimaster (Online)
Founder

TOP 5 BUDGET WATCH BRANDS

Post by koimaster » December 13th 2021, 11:29am

The world of watch collecting is vast, but there seems to be larger two categories: the high-end, high-cost collecting and more of the budget-friendly side. Over the last couple of years, I have noticed a massive rise in watch prices that led me down the path of vintage watches or brands that caused my wallet less pain than others. Today, I want to go over my pick for the top 5 brands in terms of new and vintage options, that won’t break the bank.

https://montrespubliques.com/new-long-r ... tch-brands

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: TOP 5 BUDGET WATCH BRANDS

Post by jason_recliner » December 13th 2021, 6:31pm

Yeah, except Citizen is the top budget brand IMO. I can't think of any others that match them for breadth and depth. I don't think Timex, Orient or Bulova (why include a sub-brand of Citizen?) come close.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 13th 2021, 8:00pm

jason_recliner wrote:
December 13th 2021, 6:31pm
Yeah, except Citizen is the top budget brand IMO. I can't think of any others that match them for breadth and depth. I don't think Timex, Orient or Bulova (why include a sub-brand of Citizen?) come close.
Indeed. The last time I looked, Citizen was the top selling (in units) brand in the world.
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » December 13th 2021, 8:11pm

Citizen is a force, to be sure. I own a couple, and could see myself buying another. I don’t consider them a bargain brand, and applaud The Citizen for the tour de force it is (IMO, of course). I forgot Bulova was on the list. They are the odd man out, which I would replace with Hammy (just so the entire list isn’t Japanese). I do love the Accutron, but vintage tuning fork models in good condition aren’t exactly plentiful and cheap.
Nice scene in The Queens Gambit that references Bulova, by the way.
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Thunder1 » December 15th 2021, 6:37am

An excellent list..in addition to the Hammy Khaki's @ street price, I'd add the Glycine Subs, frequently available around the mid-$300's on the street..

And I forgot to add, Steinhart..very nicely crafted & styled homages..highly recommended!!..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “General Watch talk”