Kind of interesting

svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Kind of interesting

Post by svaglic » November 27th 2021, 2:36pm

In the looks department I like it, in the quartz movement department I don’t. Not for over $400.00, maybe I can score one cheap on the second hand market.

https://forstnerbands.com/products/forstner-a-12

The pre order has been taken down, I think it will be back up because I don’t think they will be selling as many as they thought they would.
16E29340-A943-44BC-B273-F4AF5349FB4D.jpeg
07FCE647-1D6B-4C3B-A3C8-9113F558FB27.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: Kind of interesting

Post by jason_recliner » November 27th 2021, 4:23pm

I really like this one. The crystal is beautiful, at first I assumed it is acrylic at this price point but it's a heavily domed/box sapphire. Love the bracelet - pretty much my favourite style - love the overall look. GMT can be handy. The clasp is also amazing at that price.

Seconds hands. Who needs 'em? Can't remember the last time I used mine for anything other than checking if my watch had stopped because it had sat for too long.

Quartz doesn't bother me at all. Set and forget, baby! (insert your other favourite geeky quartz apologist turns of phrase from back in the day here)
Last edited by jason_recliner on November 27th 2021, 4:31pm, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » November 27th 2021, 5:07pm

Racer-X wrote:
November 27th 2021, 4:29pm
How about the Accutron Moonview reissue?
Well that sent me down the rabbit hole!

Have you guys seen the Spaceview DNA?

Brand new movement from Citizen/Bulova using electrostatic motors, electrostatic generators, and an accumulator. Yeah, I don't know what half of that means either, but this 'exploded' view (remember those?) should help clarify things:

I've long considered Citizen to be the most innovative, advanced, significant manufacture, and this new movement furthers that view. Did we need a brand new movment technology in 2020? Probably not. Regardless, kudos to Citizen for working the whole thing out (that can't have been easy or cheap!). I thought the AQ-4020 The Citizen would be my luxury watch, eventually, but now I'm not so sure.

If it thinks, it stinks
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » November 27th 2021, 5:17pm

Racer-X wrote:
November 27th 2021, 4:29pm
How about the Accutron Moonview reissue?

Found a few reviews of this one. Not bad but doesn't seem to be as high quality as the Forstner. Also I'm not a fan of that bracelet design, whereas the five link Forstner is more or less my favourite (very GS / 2254).

If it thinks, it stinks
svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by svaglic » December 1st 2021, 8:10am

Here’s a 69 Accutron Astronaut. This is the remake of what they were going after.
9D770253-B1B0-49B1-8195-356132ABC2C9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.

Return to “General Watch talk”