Seriously considering this one

Datsun240Z71
Founding Member - WIS

Seriously considering this one

Post by Datsun240Z71 » October 28th 2021, 4:21am

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/watches/b ... 9363n-0001

Thoughts?

I was looking at an all gold Daytona with a Paul Newman-style dial (I have a tt white dial I've had since 1998) while we were in Virginia. It was at a well respected retailer, and we almost had a deal until I noticed one of the subdial hands was very slightly askew, after the watch had ALLEGEDLY been serviced by Rolex. Needless to say, the price was outrageous ($45k), although very much in line with current prices, but I walked away.
https://lenkersdorfer.com/collections/p ... ona-116528

After more thought, I'd probably be reluctant to wear something like that on a regular basis due to the value and "look-at-me" attention it might garner, although possibly on special occasions.

For less than $6k, the Tudor looks like a very nice complement to the Daytona I have (below).

Last edited by Datsun240Z71 on October 28th 2021, 5:19am, edited 1 time in total.
Randy in Nashville
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Seriously considering this one

Post by Thunder1 » October 28th 2021, 5:14am

Quite the looker!!..a fan of Tudors in general, & I've looked at the SS version of this baby before..my only concern concerning its' aesthetics is that the width of the snow flake hour hand can hide the sub-dials...if that isn't a concern, I don't see how you can go wrong w/ it..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 28th 2021, 6:37am

It's a great looking watch, but the exclusive movement alone is worth the price of admission.

Probably more than you want to know...

The MT5813 movement in that watch is made by Breitling exclusively for Tudor in a dedicated facility. It is a nicely machine decorated, automatic column wheel (six columns) chrono with a vertical clutch, based on the Breitling B01 modular architecture. It has 41 jewels and runs at 28800 BPH. PR is 70 hours from a single barrel with a bi-directional winding. There is also a Kif shock absorber system. Unique to the MT version is Tudor's regulator with a free sprung balance with 4 'inertia blocks' for easy, precise regulation, which utilizes a silicone hairspring for improved anti magnetic performance. The minutes counter on the Tudor version registers 45 minutes vs 30 on the B01.

The BB Chrono is great looking and is the culmination of the partnership of two storied heritages in watchmaking - it would be a very cool addition, indeed.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 28th 2021, 9:08am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
October 28th 2021, 7:40am
^ 3Flushes... of course i had no idea about all that, and thanks for the information.

I'm currently in negotiations to buy.

You guys pushed (ok, nudged) me over the line.
Very cool, man! Happy to help you across the finish line.

The collaboration of two houses of such a distinguished horological caliber is certain to garner the affections of collectors in the future - cool to get in on the ground floor. As conj. says, Tudor is the up and coming Rolex, or something like that. I don't know, it's hard to keep track of all the visionary shit that guy says. Anyway, I have come to a liking for the two eye configuration - might just have to see what I can rustle up 'n steel, myself.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » October 29th 2021, 5:22am

Datsun240Z71 wrote:
October 29th 2021, 3:22am
Order was placed yesterday evening with Timepiece Perfection, the same vendor that I purchased my Breitling Chronomat from in Pennsylvania. They were able to source one as their in-stock inventory was depleted. Awaiting shipping and delivery details.
Super!!! Congratulations!
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by smellody » October 29th 2021, 9:13am

AJC wrote:
October 29th 2021, 7:18am
Tudors are rising in price like SHIBUSA. I say go for it. I've been intrigued by this watch ever since Tudor and Breitling announced they were trading movements.
I agree. I might start collecting Tooters one day.
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » November 3rd 2021, 3:09pm

I considered a Tudor gold link. They are lovely - but plated, not solid. So prone to scratching. I opted for a two-tone Rolex solid gold link Sub because the pricing then wasn't so different. Even in these days of wild pricing, I would look at a Rolex before this - unless, of course, it's love. But if it were, you wouldn't ask for our opinion.
All the best!!!!
boscoe
ASSHAT

Post by boscoe » November 3rd 2021, 3:11pm

smellody wrote:
October 29th 2021, 9:13am
AJC wrote:
October 29th 2021, 7:18am
Tudors are rising in price like SHIBUSA. I say go for it. I've been intrigued by this watch ever since Tudor and Breitling announced they were trading movements.
I agree. I might start collecting Tooters one day.
As a Tudor collector before they got trendy, I've turned to Rolex - though the used market prices make me puke.

Return to “General Watch talk”