svaglic
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

A better Doxa homage

Post by svaglic » September 1st 2021, 1:18pm

Road Warrior at WIT posted this.

https://seesternwatches.com/shop?fbclid ... O3GodKSA7Y
6EB8F052-0CB2-4C75-9D71-DC5733B246FD.png
It’s 42mm, so smaller then the Tactical Frog and the bezel issue is gone for the same price.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Re: A better Doxa homage

Post by koimaster » September 1st 2021, 3:13pm

It appears that several doxa watches were stolen off of the walca east assembly line and cloned in another part of the factory with different brand names.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » September 1st 2021, 4:25pm

koimaster wrote:
September 1st 2021, 3:13pm

It appears that several doxa watches were stolen off of the walca east assembly line and cloned in another part of the factory with different brand names.
I know, but I’m probably getting one anyway.
If you or someone you know has been butt hurt over the lies Watchlords has exposed, you may be entitled to compensation. Please call 1-888-who-gives-a-fu** operators are standing by.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » September 1st 2021, 4:44pm

svaglic wrote:
September 1st 2021, 4:25pm
koimaster wrote:
September 1st 2021, 3:13pm

I know, but I’m probably getting one anyway.
I'll see what the frog guys do with the bezel - thinking about one of these - I hope there's some better names, though.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 1st 2021, 4:51pm

The frogs are supposed to rectify the bezel on the next run. Maranez as a slew of new ones as well but they are $399

https://www.maranez.com/shop

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » September 2nd 2021, 2:28am

koimaster wrote:
September 1st 2021, 4:51pm
The frogs are supposed to rectify the bezel on the next run. Maranez as a slew of new ones as well but they are $399

https://www.maranez.com/shop
Saw Jazz's silver dialed Maranez and liked it a lot -also had an upgraded bracelet and Miyota movement for the 4 bills.

The latest Maranez models now list the same - Seiko's mechanical answer to the G-10 - NH35 movement as the frog and the Seesterns use. I could buy a nice BOR bracelet really reasonably from Yabokies or whoever - I don't think I love that silver dial 220 bucks worth. I hope they do something cool with the frog bezel, maybe there will be a couple'a new dials, too.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » September 22nd 2021, 1:10pm

Got my Seestern in, it sits tall on the wrist, the tactical frog is a better fit even though it’s 2mm larger. I also like the hands and dial with applied indices on the TF dial better.
C9A74B3A-5D07-416C-856C-EA594F61A35D.jpeg
A00DC1AF-297E-45A9-8FD8-9E9EC23B4367.jpeg
I was going to switch out the dials, but I may just keep them as is. The bezel tachymeter sucks, but I like the case better on the TF, so I better get to looking for a solution to it. I have an idea, but it may ruin the entire bezel.

This is about 1mm shorter then the Smiths Caribbean, but it feels taller and is a heavy watch.

Hopefully TF really does correct the bezel and I can get one of those. I’ll finish up the day wearing the Seestern and hope I get used to the weight and height, but I don’t think I will.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » September 22nd 2021, 3:27pm

svaglic wrote:
September 22nd 2021, 1:10pm
Got my Seestern...
Doesn't sound like it's bowled you over, but on the other hand you haven't flushed your money down the drain. I'm not ready to take a seat, but I wouldn't pooh-pooh it either.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
svaglic
Master of Time

Post by svaglic » September 22nd 2021, 5:28pm

jason_recliner wrote:
September 22nd 2021, 3:27pm
svaglic wrote:
September 22nd 2021, 1:10pm
Got my Seestern...
Doesn't sound like it's bowled you over, but on the other hand you haven't flushed your money down the drain. I'm not ready to take a seat, but I wouldn't pooh-pooh it either.
I was going to buy a couple more colors and use them for beaters, but I don’t care for it. It’s too uncomfortable on my wrist. It looks nice, just too heavy and uncomfortable for me. The Tactical Frog is made much better.

Return to “General Watch talk”