Inside a $140,000 watch scam

koimaster (Online)
Founder

Inside a $140,000 watch scam

Post by koimaster » August 10th 2021, 11:54pm

The buyer seemed totally legit. He’d contacted Gautaman Senivasan, a Singapore watch collector/trader (@Calibre65.SG) to express interest in buying an F.P. Journe Chronomètre Bleu. As always, Gau did a mini reference check, scoping the man’s posts on a popular watch forum. What he unearthed was reassuring. The prospective buyer had got solid reviews and talked about selling a Richard Mille and a Patek Philippe – watches that, on face value at least, established him as a serious proposition. The pair began to communicate over text and, as the messages pinged back and forth, Gau sent him a photo of his current stock of about 30 watches.

https://timeandtidewatches.com/the-1400 ... -yourself/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Inside a $140,000 watch scam

Post by 3Flushes » August 11th 2021, 1:46am

Invited the buyer to his house? Smart - I can see why this guy makes the big money. Hey, next time just leave the safe and the front door open, tie yourself and your wife up on the living room floor, but first, be sure to leave the following on your coffee table: Your wallets; a list of everything else valuable in the house, art, antiques, and whatnot; the keys to your cars; and a gun for the 'buyer' to shoot your fool head off with.

Here's a rule to avoid getting scammed - or worse - Mr. Gau

Don't invite some stranger to your house to look at hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of shit, stoopid, particularly one who knows there's plenty more where that came from.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Inside a $140,000 watch scam

Post by DocKlock » August 11th 2021, 7:04am

"But I don’t think I could live with ruining a kid’s life" ----- I'll bet all this kid learned is to make many smaller scams instead of trying to make one large 'killing.' Wouldn't have blinked an eye or thought twice about "ruining a kid's life". Sick and tired of people skating.

Return to “General Watch talk”