Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet: why these women watch collectors are wearing men’s timepieces and shrugging off

smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet: why these women watch collectors are wearing men’s timepieces and shrugging off

Post by smellody » August 3rd 2021, 3:25pm

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/fashion- ... omen-watch

Physically petite women bankers and lawyers wear unobtainable 43mm Rolex Sea-Dwellers or Daytonas, or alternatively a chunk of G-Shock. They take men on at their own game and beat them with the unspoken message: “I have a watch that was designed for you, and I look better wearing it than you ever will.”
smellody
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet: why these women watch collectors are wearing men’s timepieces and shrugging

Post by smellody » August 4th 2021, 9:10am

I'm just amazed at how much wealth is out there. Also, that there would be enough interest to write an article about the use of $50k+ watches as fashion accessories in Hong Kong.

I really need to reconsider my line of business. Or move to Hong Kong.
Hawk (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: Rolex, Patek Philippe, Audemars Piguet: why these women watch collectors are wearing men’s timepieces and shrugging

Post by Hawk » August 4th 2021, 12:06pm

Hong Kong office prices remain about triple downtown NYC.

The real shock to a coworker came when it turned out Hong Kong, Shanghai and Singapore condo prices made South Beach look like trailer park rental rates.

At least NYC remains second in the dubious distinction of overpriced office space but it’s a distant second.

https://ceoworld.biz/2020/02/17/these-a ... kets-2020/
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 4th 2021, 2:01pm

First with the bathrooms, the pronouns, men competing in women's sports; I reckon the blurring of the lines between the sexes was bound to get to watches sooner or later.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^

Return to “General Watch talk”