History of Only Watch

Post Reply
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 44048
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

History of Only Watch

Post by koimaster » July 12th 2021, 3:33pm

As far as yearly watch events go, few are as followed or as significant as Only Watch – the industry’s charity watch auction. A chance for brands to be on the world stage but also to show their true creative colours. This year being the event’s 20-year anniversary and 9th auction, we thought it worthwhile to explore its brief but notable history.

Only Watch was founded in 2001 by Luc Pettavino as part of the Association Monégasque contre les Myopathies, when Pettavino’s own son Paul was diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, sadly passing away in 2016 at the age of 21. Luc Pettavino was previously CEO of the Monaco Yacht Show and founded Only Watch to be a biennial auction event of piece uniques made by dozens of leading watchmakers from around the world. That means watch brands have to develop unique designs only for this auction, with brands from Patek Philippe to Baltic participating. 99% of donations go directly to funding research projects – with tens of millions raised thus far – while the other 1% goes towards administrative costs. Only Watch is not only the auction, however, the event includes a tour whereupon the watches up for auction can be previewed at different locations around the world. Moreover, the lots are not only the watches but also include other things like VIP experiences

https://montrespubliques.com/new-1minut ... -the-world
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Post Reply

Return to “General Watch talk”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Turtle Lover and 1 guest