Six Tips To Make Your Wristwatch Last Longer

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Six Tips To Make Your Wristwatch Last Longer

Post by TemerityB » February 19th 2021, 5:49pm

I have no earthly idea where Hurricane Valley is. Not a lot here this membership doesn't know, but not bad - just meat and potatoes.

As technology evolves at full speed, we see various time-telling gadgets showing up on market shelves, with wristwatches as an outstanding category. They are fashion accessories defining our styles, personality, and class. And the stronger they are, the better it is for the owner.

Beyond just telling the time, a good timekeeper is a result of detailed classical engineering. Some of them have a rich and interesting historical background, while others came as a result of personal stories and experiences.

In any case, a good watch, if properly cared for, can be passed from one generation to another. It is not that difficult to care for a wristwatch, especially if it’s one you love and have built a connection with overtime. So here are six tips you can apply to make your timepieces last long.

https://hvtimes.com/6-tips-to-make-your ... st-longer/
Now found at bestdamnwatchforum.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Six Tips To Make Your Wristwatch Last Longer

Post by TemerityB » February 19th 2021, 7:51pm

svaglic wrote:
February 19th 2021, 7:45pm
I have a great tip, I’m still a little angry at myself for it, so once I get it to repair I may share the tip. It has to do with the tapping of the pins out of the Tissot Navigator and how not to do it.
Please share it! All tips are good tips.

I remain one of those people that takes his watch off at the end of the day and cleans at. At least a good wipe. I invested a lot of hard-earned dollars in some of those pieces, and I always like to keep them looking as new as I can. I know others think it's a waste of time, but I do it every day.

Then again, I have old manual wind watches that I wind every day, too, so what's one more thing.
Now found at bestdamnwatchforum.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Six Tips To Make Your Wristwatch Last Longer

Post by biglove » February 19th 2021, 11:04pm

I tend to wipe my bracelets and case down with alcohol swabs at work but never the crystal as don’t want to damage any AR.

For the crystal , optical cloth every AM I wear it and as needed through the day.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat

Return to “General Watch talk”