MKTheVintageBloke. Please help

svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

MKTheVintageBloke. Please help

Post by svaglic » February 10th 2021, 10:16am

I’m trying to change the leather to bracelet on my Tissot T12 navigator. Is there a trick to this? The pin is solid in the lug and it looks like the leather is stretched and worked to slip it on. I can’t do that with the bracelet though. Is there a way the pin comes out or do I have to bend out the bracelet connection? The bracelet looks used, but the connecting end doesn’t look like it’s ever been bent to put it on or take it off.

I asked MK because he works in a jewelry store and may have seen this before, if anyone else here has info on this please let me know.
I can’t find a video on YouTube that explains it.

Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Re: MKTheVintageBloke. Please help

Post by Falstaff » February 10th 2021, 11:46am

labman wrote:
February 10th 2021, 10:31am
From the looks of the pin it is hammered/pushed out from the flat side and hammer/pushed back in pointed end first.

Just guessing.

Like this

That's exactly what I was thinking. Maybe a little WD40 pre-treat to help when tapping it out.
"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Re: MKTheVintageBloke. Please help

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » February 10th 2021, 3:23pm

I suppose that this might work similarly. I haven't ever needed to work on a strap/bracelet attachment system like this, but in case of removable components in bracelets, if there isn't any visible locking system, then it's either a matter of screwing or tapping it out. That looks like it's friction-fit, so tapping it out would seem like the right way to go. I won't bet my head on it, though.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285

Return to “General Watch talk”