What’s on your watch list???

svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

What’s on your watch list???

Post by svaglic » January 23rd 2021, 11:17am

When I first got into watches it was so easy. I had nothing, so everything fit into a dial design, a movement, a size etc.... Now things are a little tougher, I have filled most niches in my hoard and now things are harder to find plus I’m more selective.
Some of these have been on my list for several years. Seems like everytime I get one on my list, another two take it’s place.

Montblanc, on a bracelet or at such a price it doesn’t matter if it’s on bracelet. I blew it when I could have got it for like $1,800.00 on drop.

Sea-Gull D304. These don’t come up often and the ones that have are beat to hell.

Omega 168.004 and 168.010. I want one in a cal 561 and the other in a cal 564. Doesn’t matter which is which. The problem is finding one that hasn’t been redialed, over polished or with a bracelet at a decent price. I like the hidden crowns on these

Rado diver, I don’t know why I like it, I just do.

Yema Wristmaster

Invicta Royal Marine compressor

I’ll always be in the market for a good vintage or new Seiko, any 4s15 watch, true 24 hour dials, cool VCM’s, vintage compressors, a cool vintage textured dial and any bargain that comes out of the blue.

There are a couple cheap San Martins I have my eye on to practice mods on.
AntFarm
Watchlord WIS

Re: What’s on your watch list???

Post by AntFarm » January 23rd 2021, 11:45am

I'm not looking right now but if any of these three came up I would consider it. I did have a chance to buy all three and passed which was a mistake.
Also a D304
this Shanghai #114 Reissue
Or this Pulsar solar titanium. There was a blue as well.
Very rarely do these come up. All pics borrowed from other sites.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » January 23rd 2021, 12:11pm

At some point I plan to pick up an Omega Co-Axial Chrono if I can ever get past my gripe with Swatch not making parts available to watchmakers. Isn't an issue with Rolex vintage models as there are a bazillion parts out there, so eventually may pick up a vintage Rolex, too.

Currently only two on my list for the next few years. A Sinn 903 blue dial on bracelet.
Sinn 903 Blue.png

A 39mm GS Spring Drive, not sure which model but keep drooling at most every one I look at.
GS SBGA427.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » January 23rd 2021, 1:56pm

What a beautiful selection of goal watches, and I can see the draw of all of them.

The watches I'd be most likely to dip into my savings for are:

This Mido 8834 pulsemeter (I have the round one)

And this chrono variant which is also available in the round case--but I'd prefer the TV. (8810)

Or a good condition 24 or 29 jewel original of the Shanghai 60s military diver:

And, of course, one of these--but I think I could never afford it (but at least I got to touch it).

Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 23rd 2021, 6:24pm

3Flushes wrote:
January 23rd 2021, 2:57pm
N-95 masks.
I always knew you were a smart guy, Flushes. :trophy:

After last year's expenditure, my collection is just about okay, finito, done. My brother recently gave me a huge case of cheap watches which I am actually in the process of reviving and cleaning and battery changing, and I intend on actually wearing some of them from time to time just for the kitsch factor. So, I guess those are new watches to me, but I doubt I'll even take photos of them or even list them here. They're a bunch of Crotons and Swiss Legends and some really old drug store Lorus and Pulsar and such that I doubt I can revive. Some of these look like he stored them in a mud puddle.

As for my own "wish list," it's gonna take a out-of-the-blue cash windfall or something like it to get me out to a store, because, well, the times. However, on my list if I'm ever gonna part with some shekels: Longines Legend Diver (especially the line from five years ago), Omega Seamaster (current line, please), Edox Skydiver Neptunian (a ridiculously bad name for a nice watch), and if the heavens really decided to smile upon me, a JLC. I had a opportunity for a pre-owned one that got away, and I'm still pinched by that.
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » January 23rd 2021, 10:06pm

Here's my shortlist for now

This one is actually paid for, I'm just waiting for it to land. Any day supposedly.

The quartz thread got me thinking about one of these again on a Hirsch Extreme.

But maybe I'll grab an autozilla instead.

Then I need to decide between these three. Hard decision. Right now I'm leaning infinity then octo then the regular laureto. It's likely knowing my attention span, something else will jump one of these at some point.

The infinity:

The octo:

The standard laureto:

Last edited by iwasbanned on January 23rd 2021, 11:17pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » January 23rd 2021, 11:59pm

TemerityB wrote:
January 23rd 2021, 6:24pm
3Flushes wrote:
January 23rd 2021, 2:57pm
N-95 masks.
I always knew you were a smart guy, Flushes. :trophy:

After last year's expenditure, my collection is just about okay, finito, done. My brother recently gave me a huge case of cheap watches which I am actually in the process of reviving and cleaning and battery changing, and I intend on actually wearing some of them from time to time just for the kitsch factor. So, I guess those are new watches to me, but I doubt I'll even take photos of them or even list them here. They're a bunch of Crotons and Swiss Legends and some really old drug store Lorus and Pulsar and such that I doubt I can revive. Some of these look like he stored them in a mud puddle.

As for my own "wish list," it's gonna take a out-of-the-blue cash windfall or something like it to get me out to a store, because, well, the times. However, on my list if I'm ever gonna part with some shekels: Longines Legend Diver (especially the line from five years ago), Omega Seamaster (current line, please), Edox Skydiver Neptunian (a ridiculously bad name for a nice watch), and if the heavens really decided to smile upon me, a JLC. I had a opportunity for a pre-owned one that got away, and I'm still pinched by that.
This pandemic deal has set me on my heels a bit and I recently had to invest in a couple of lenses as my days of running around with flagship SLR's and fast glass are over. I've had to put any watch expenditures on hold for now- I cut 5 bills out of camera gear I can live without like a new bag and tripod so I may pop for something Seiko in the JDM- there's some terrific blue dials on SUMOs and Turtles, and I still like the NEMO, who knows.

Wish list includes the IWC Portugieser, the vertical 2 register classic chronograph. The blue dial is spectacular, I actually had it on @ a dealer, (the 18K perpetual if I ever win the lottery) and I like a few of the Longines 7751 based models which are usually available gray for decent, if not blowout, prices.

Being on the bench sucks hind tit.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
SynMike
Founding Member

Post by SynMike » January 24th 2021, 12:19am

A vintage Rolex, hand wind (no automatic) with indexes (no numerals) and no date. Maybe like this or a grey dial:

A moon watch:

This Aqua Terra:

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 24th 2021, 1:11am

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » January 25th 2021, 7:00pm

I’ve been thinking of this:

With my employee discount at work, I could have it for very reasonable money - by the current exchange rate, something like 350 bucks. However, the case is more than 40mm (41 or 42, can’t recall), and it features a display back - and the ETA 2801 inside looks just laughably small there. Perhaps that’s just poor case back design. Also, the movement is largely void of any bells and whistles in terms of finishing, and that means it’s pretty fucking boring.

Also, it doesn’t seem to have ”Fortunate Son” playing somewhere in the background. This, however, does:

Closed case back, and inside - the H-50, which is basically the hand-wound equivalent of the Powermatic 80. They can be found for decent money on Chrono24. And that’s the only place where I can get it from, as Hamilton is not officially available over here in any brick-and-mortar store.
I always hope for the best. Experience, unfortunately, has taught me to expect the worst.
Elim Garak, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Rule of Acquisition no.285
svaglic (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » February 3rd 2021, 6:04pm

Well, I just bought three vintage and one new 24hr dials.
A Tissot navigator, Lynn and Alpha for the vintage and a Fortis Flieger for the new. This helps me narrow down to a few vintage 24hr brands and models now.
It’s like that for me. I go months with nothing then they all hit like a landslide at once.

I want a Zodiac, Accutron, white dial bel air and a Glycine for my 24hr dials now.

Return to “General Watch talk”