Baselworld will not be taking place in 2021

koimaster
Founder

Baselworld will not be taking place in 2021

Post by koimaster » December 27th 2020, 10:29pm

Following the unprecedented departure of brands including Rolex, Patek Philippe, Chopard and Chanel, Baselworld’s MCH Group and representatives of exhibitors have agreed on a settlement for the cancelled Baselworld 2020. However, the MCH Group has also confirmed that Baselworld will not be taking place in 2021.

The solution was drawn up in collaboration with the Swiss Exhibitors’ Committee, and was unanimously approved by the Comité Consultatif. President of the Swiss Exhibitors’ Committee, Hubert J. du Plessix, stated, ‘I welcome the constructive attitude of the representatives of the MCH Group, which has enabled us to find a balanced solution’. He also thanked Patek Philippe, Rolex, Tudor, Chanel, Chopard, Hublot, Zenith and Tag Heuer – all of which agreed to a lower refund, so that ‘other exhibitors can benefit from better conditions’.

https://swisswatches-magazine.com/blog/ ... ing-place/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Baselworld will not be taking place in 2021

Post by biglove » December 28th 2020, 8:01pm

I would be surprised if it isn't done for good.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » December 28th 2020, 9:11pm

biglove wrote:
December 28th 2020, 8:01pm
I would be surprised if it isn't done for good.
Agreed. Trade shows seem cheesy and unnecessarily painful in the era of online unveilings of everything.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » December 29th 2020, 10:43am

bbattle wrote:
December 29th 2020, 9:00am
I just hope they don't close OreganoWorld next. I can do without margherita pizza, but I gots to have good oregano for my spaghetti sauce.
Ba-dump bump - tschhhhhhhh!
"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 29th 2020, 12:40pm

I always kinda wanted to go, but then NYC started getting regular smaller watch shows and I didn't really need them anymore,

The world changed a lot this year, and while I don't think watch exhibits/shows are by any means a thing of the past, the whole Bazel way of doing business kind of seems repugnant now. Brands spent untold millions for lavish storefronts that produced bupkis. Plus, they let Invicta in for years without calling the brand out for the counterfeit "Swiss" garbage they were, so fuck 'em.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.

Return to “General Watch talk”