Jomashop Sucks the shit

koimaster
Founder

Jomashop Sucks the shit

Post by koimaster » December 23rd 2020, 3:35pm

So today I was contacted by Jomashop, 13 days after I ordered and paid for the watch below and told it was out of stock after three phone calls to them. At this point I also cancelled two other watches I purchased there in the last few days. I will not do business with a scam site who thinks it is ok to sell items they do not have. I have reported this to the Oregon State Attorney as a scam and to the New York State Attorney. Shopnbc has nothing on this site. Fuck them. I spent over $100 for a new strap for this now cancelled watch. Fuck that site.

From this day forward no posts in regard to sales at jomashop will be allowed here.

Presage Automatic Pink Dial Men's Watch SRPE47J1 was $383 (apparently now sold out) with Honey it dropped the price to $363. It appears I purchased the last one for my daughter as a christmas gift but I might suggest signing up for notifications for it. It was a good price point and I think they will come back at that point.

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-presage- ... e47j1.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
labman
Watchlord WIS

Re: Jomashop Sucks the shit

Post by labman » December 23rd 2020, 4:04pm

That does suck

Agreed, people/shops should not sell items they don't have in stock or at the very least inform the purchaser that the item is not on stock and charges won't be applied until the item has shipped.

Had it happen to me once - won't have it happen again.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by biglove » December 23rd 2020, 4:40pm

Hate to hear that. Have had good luck with Joma.

Most definitely NOT a "scam site" as they didn't steal your money. I have comfortably bought many watches from them including the new Breitling and a $4K TAG for my wife.

Their online chat option for support is useless but they have always responded to emails in minutes to less than 24°

Seems like overkill to ban links to sales there based on your single bad experience. Hell, I would even call it a knee-jerk reaction and unreasonable.

But, hey, I am not in charge of the rules here.
Last edited by biglove on December 23rd 2020, 8:59pm, edited 3 times in total.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 23rd 2020, 11:16pm

A ban on posts about sales from Joma? Come on, man... on an uncensored forum? That’s dumb!

In fact, to wit

I SUCCESSFULLY PURCHASED THIS IMPULSE BUY OFF OF JOMASHOP ALONG WITH TWO OTHER SEIKOS BOUGHT FROM JOMASHOP AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH JOMASHOP.

I LIKE JOMASHOP!! JOMASHOP JOMASHOP JOMASHOP!!

That said, I do prefer Ashford. Or (gasp!) good old fashion E-Bay.

Think what you will - though terrible inventory-management does not make them a scam site. But a fucking ban!? It’s just crazy enough to make me want to affirm my good purchase experiences. Which is to say, all of them.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 24th 2020, 12:39am

Glad you had good experiences. Until I cool off their sales are banned here. Use the pm system to advertise them.

That watch was for my daughter, the expensive strap I cannot return took over $100 out of my pocket. They waited 2 weeks before pulling this stunt leaving me looking for another gift for my daughter. It takes a lot to piss me off but I am pissed right now.

1946-2006

MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » December 24th 2020, 5:48am

Sorry you had a bad experience. I am fighting an out and out bait and switch now.

No problems with Joma ever here either.

Ashford sent me a rather badly scratched Breitling of all things, no replacement available. Took it back but I was out the return shipping.

One problem with a site does not a ban make.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 24th 2020, 10:44am

One thing to look at on Joma is delivery time.

If says 1-3 days, they actually have in their warehouse. If says any longer than that, it will go to them from an AD selling out the back door, THEN be shipped to you. Sometimes that can take 4-6 weeks.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » December 24th 2020, 11:17am

biglove wrote:
December 24th 2020, 10:44am
One thing to look at on Joma is delivery time.

If says 1-3 days, they actually have in their warehouse. If says any longer than that, it will go to them from an AD selling out the back door, THEN be shipped to you. Sometimes that can take 4-6 weeks.
The last instance- in essence taking pre-paid orders- in essence buyers providing financing- should be plainly so stated, exactly because, as in koi's situation, shit happens, especially during the pandemic. While my experiences have been good, in rereading the OP, two things stand out:

1- Leaving the customer twisting in the wind for two weeks at Christmastime is fucking bullshit, and 2, perhaps even more fucking insulting than not being able to fulfill the order is the horse-shit make-up offer. $20 not to be combined with any other offer. Really you fucktards?

Given that 99 9/10% of their offers are $20 or less, the offer is the equivalent of fucking nothing above and beyond for the fuck up, not even the dry hand job that an extra $20 would be given the situation. Stuff it up your asses till it erupts from the tops of your fucking heads.

I would continue to do business with them, but given what I know now, I won't do so without phone confirmation that what I'm buying is in the safe and not some horseshit drop shipping or preorder arrangement, which, IMO, a 100% honorable and legit outfit would pre-disclose.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 24th 2020, 1:50pm

No much angst about a vendor and my banning sales information about them. Fine, you go ahead and do your things with them. I purchased my other two watches from other sites after cancelling my remaining orders there and closing my account with them. Both watches I ordered will arrive overnight to me and fuck jomashit. It just cost them over $3k in sales from me. I will never again purchase from them. They, like shopnbc can kiss my ass.

https://www.jomashop.com/seiko-presage- ... e47j1.html

Showing this after I received a confirmed order from them and my bank was charged for the watch. I have not seen a refund yet.

As to the reasons they pulled this scam and it was a scam regardless of what people think otherwise are:

1. They never had them in stock to begin with
2. They realized the price they were selling them at was too low and cancelled all orders for this. I know of two others who this happened to, one on TZ and the other on facebook.

3. they will re-appear at a higher price point either at jomashit or at another vendor they sold them to.

I ended up purchasing the watch

1946-2006

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 24th 2020, 2:26pm

koimaster wrote:
December 24th 2020, 12:39am
Glad you had good experiences. Until I cool off their sales are banned here. Use the pm system to advertise them.

That watch was for my daughter, the expensive strap I cannot return took over $100 out of my pocket. They waited 2 weeks before pulling this stunt leaving me looking for another gift for my daughter. It takes a lot to piss me off but I am pissed right now.
Actually, I hadn’t fully weighed the additional dominos set up up to fall in order with this piece. Now, in thinking it all the way through... I totally get it.

I believe in overlooking the unrecoverable extra time and expensive it was probably wrong for me to lay on such heavy jackassery.

My response struck me as funny last night but now it seems much more dickish than I had intended.

That really does suck and I’m only now realizing how furious I would would be, too. Especially after getting a high quality now I useable strap. Don’t know why that didn’t take before. But now that it has...

Fuck ‘em, I’d be pissed, too!
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Falstaff (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » December 24th 2020, 3:16pm

It's only a scam if they keep your money - otherwise, it's just a major fuck up. Scams are intended to cheat you out of your money. I don't believe that's the case here. In fact, you don't know what actually happened. Bottom line - you were inconvenienced in a big way and the company made a feeble, clueless attempt to ameliorate the situation and keep a customer. Certainly poor business practice - but it hardly meets the standards of a scam. As far as the strap, I understand you meant it for that particular watch and would not otherwise have bought it, but can't you use it on another watch?
"Who are you?" "I am the new Number Two." "Who is Number One?" "You are Number Six."
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 24th 2020, 3:24pm

^^
Well said. Hell, put the strap up for sale!
Last edited by biglove on December 24th 2020, 6:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 24th 2020, 5:58pm

I totally understand the anger. I remember ShopNBC sending me the wrong watch twice. After that, never again. Again, I get it - there are complaints about Joma all over the web right now. Just log on to any other watch forum and scroll. Way too often in my book. Others are complaining about pre-owned being sold as new (seemingly), and, yeah, out-of-stocks after ordering something.

And that's kind of why I buy Koi's "scam" concept - the sites are built to count the inventories down as they sell, and the watches either disappear off the site after the last one goes, or it will list sold out. This isn't a mom-and-pop we're talking about. If they don't have a watch, they shouldn't say they do.

Yet another reason I prefer brick and mortar by 50 miles.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 25th 2020, 3:08pm

I too, am waiting on a watch from Jomashop. But they have not yet processed the order so I haven't paid anything yet. And it is just a Timex quartz for one of my granddaughters. The fact they continue to advertise Timex watches on sale while I'm still waiting on mine is galling.

They've not responded to my e-mail entitled "where's my watch?".

I have bought watches from them in the past with no trouble.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 25th 2020, 4:12pm

I know the NY Jewish community has been VERY hard hit by COVID. May well be that they have lost staff or have staff quarantined.

Return to “General Watch talk”