6 Festive Watches From 2020

koimaster
Founder

6 Festive Watches From 2020

Post by koimaster » December 20th 2020, 2:41pm

What one person may consider extremely fancy, flashy, and reserved for only the most special occasions another might think of as a daily wearer because they love the style, the comfort, or how it makes them feel.

That is the beauty of watches: they represent your personal style as much as they are a tool for displaying the time.

When I see certain watches, I feel that they are best worn at festive times of year or at festive occasions – like the unbelievable beauties I have had the pleasure of donning at various editions of the Grand Prix d’Horlogerie de Genève: the Vacheron Constantin Heures Créatives Heure Audacieuse (2019), the Fabergé Lady Compliquée Peacock Black (2017), and the fully diamond-set Chopard Classic (2015).

Sometimes you just want to be festive without being “too much,” though, right? Well, I’ve got just the watches for your wearing pleasure this holiday season – all of which would look great and proportionate on every wrist regardless of gender. And all of which do not go overboard on the sparkle, yet do not fall short in radiant elegance.

https://quillandpad.com/2020/12/16/6-fe ... is-season/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 6 Festive Watches From 2020

Post by TemerityB » December 20th 2020, 5:57pm

Can't/won't read that drivel, but the Lange, at least, looks really pretty. And I don't care how expensive they are - most of the others look like something you get inside your large box of Kaboom.
Best of luck to all my longtime friends here. Please stay safe, always.
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 6 Festive Watches From 2020

Post by bbattle » December 20th 2020, 7:14pm

That Lange & Sohne rocks. The next two, not so much for me, especially the domed Bethune.

While I like the AnOrdain enamel dials, not sure the price is really worth it.

That Chaykin reminds me of those crazy Kat wall clocks one can buy at the Truck stop out on the interstate at 3 am because; why not? Except that clock cost $20 and that watch's price is unmentionable.

Return to “General Watch talk”