SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

artman
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

Post by artman » October 30th 2020, 8:39pm

I used to have a life before this pandemic thing. Now I find myself winding and setting my watches on my day off for fun. I didn't want to waste the effort so here's most of what I got in one shot.
If you guys (and gal) are up to it I'd love to see the state of your respective collections too. Cheers!
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!

Post by MAX » October 31st 2020, 6:14am

Heres the main watchbox, got about 10 more watches.

Please let me know if you cant see this pic. Working on something different.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » October 31st 2020, 7:39am

To my great shame, I need to admit this is how it has been looking for the past 4 years or so :-(.
The thick walls of the safe are because it is fire-protected and very well insulated - for storage media. We were never afraid of burglars, due to our dogs - but we used to live in a straw-thatched house.
I took the opportunity and moved 16 of them into a box (which also fits into the safe):
I used to have a gigantic wooden box like this - 3 drawers, 16 watches each. Even that was not big enough, and worst of all - it would not fit into the bloody safe. It was also fucking heavy to carry around. So I ditched it (actually gave it to my watchmaker in return for some good deeds).

Then I thought, let me quickly sort through the rest and decide what to sell and what to keep. But I only found few which I would be willing to sell, once more. So I gave up on that again. :mrgreen:
Some are with my watchmaker, and the "ongoing projects" are in another place as well.

@Alain - I actually suggest to move this thread to the "members only section", for safety.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » October 31st 2020, 8:59am

I am reminded of that great philosopher Hol-e-fuk!
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 3rd 2020, 7:52pm

Will get a shot of the collection this weekend. Any watch over $600 is in the safe. Everything else in a single watch box with plenty of spare room.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » November 3rd 2020, 8:35pm

gerdson wrote:
October 31st 2020, 7:39am

To my great shame, I need to admit this is how it has been looking for the past 4 years or so :-(.
The thick walls of the safe are because it is fire-protected and very well insulated - for storage media. We were never afraid of burglars, due to our dogs - but we used to live in a straw-thatched house.
I took the opportunity and moved 16 of them into a box (which also fits into the safe):
I used to have a gigantic wooden box like this - 3 drawers, 16 watches each. Even that was not big enough, and worst of all - it would not fit into the bloody safe. It was also fucking heavy to carry around. So I ditched it (actually gave it to my watchmaker in return for some good deeds).

Then I thought, let me quickly sort through the rest and decide what to sell and what to keep. But I only found few which I would be willing to sell, once more. So I gave up on that again. :mrgreen:
Some are with my watchmaker, and the "ongoing projects" are in another place as well.

@Alain - I actually suggest to move this thread to the "members only section", for safety.
I had no idea that you had so many fine pieces!!..that is some collection!!
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 3rd 2020, 10:17pm

That is a lot of watches.

Know what I think?

Good for you!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 6th 2020, 3:36pm

My mother and sister were hoarders. I could never live with a huge collection, no matter how well organized. I think the most I have ever had at once was around 50 and that made my skin crawl.

Down to these...
A926421C-6F44-4ACE-901B-C1B4CE988C0D.jpeg
1AABCD7B-8686-4E7E-875E-98B546DDF754.jpeg
E9068066-229D-47BD-A849-49AA6E04FD95.jpeg
448E2130-34D9-4057-B17C-58A59D21E92B.jpeg
5099B7E6-A28F-4301-968A-FAE444F41393.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace

Return to “General Watch talk”