why the hell you’d wear a watch in lockdown

koimaster
Founder

why the hell you’d wear a watch in lockdown

Post by koimaster » October 28th 2020, 10:00pm

For many of you reading, COVID-19 is the virus that will. Not. Go. Away. At first, for most, it was a bit of a quirky change of pace. Fun, even. A blur of Netflix, homemade Negronis and novelties like bare-knuckle fighting for toilet paper. But as it’s ground on, the darkness has subsumed many of us; we now just want it to be behind us, amirite?

In Australia, we’re getting there. After 139 days of Stage 4, the most strict lockdown in the world by most reports, Melbourne, our home city is coming out – at 11.59 tonight. Sydney has been out for ages. We’re rejoining normality, whatever that will look like after so long away. So, it’s time to drop a story we’ve been sitting on for months.

The idea for this post came up when we did a wristcheck in the Monday meeting on Zoom and – out of seven people – only two of us were actually wearing a watch. Given that we’re technically still in it, the question still very much has the sting of immediacy for the Time+Tide team. What place did our watches have in lockdown?

https://timeandtidewatches.com/why-you- ... ing-covid/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: why the hell you’d wear a watch in lockdown

Post by biglove » October 29th 2020, 8:08am

Since my fat ass never stopped working, the only change has been less straps at work and a trip to the UV sterilizer every day for my watch worn
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 3rd 2020, 10:21pm

biglove wrote:
October 29th 2020, 8:08am
Since my fat ass never stopped working, the only change has been less straps at work and a trip to the UV sterilizer every day for my watch worn
I have one, too. Same here.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » November 4th 2020, 10:51am

Bare knuckle fighting is just regalar fist fighting right? I don't follow the UFC - MMA bullshit.

Back when things were still normal, an old drifter who I bought a Double Whopper and the whitewalls, his fee for my takin' his picture, told me while we ate on the sidewalk in front of a Pleasures smut shop at about 130 one crisp winter morning, that the MMA/UFC was the best and most popular fighting sport. Why, upon hearing that bullshit, I almost choked on my fucking Big Fish I tell yous what.

I told him to let me know when a fuckin' UFC event offered a 50 million dollar purse to the victor and I would tune in, only then, to watch 2 guys in their jockstraps kick, bite, scratch, punch, wrestle, and poke each other in the eye in a display reminiscent of the class and technique of enraged toddlers going at it over the possession of a Tonka Truck. It was cool to have dinner on the street with an intriguing loner and get some great pics and the story related through watery eyes of a vet whose life was shattered by the death of his wife in a car crash some eighteen years prior.

Every morning, I put my keys, my warlet, and my sunglasses in my briefcase on my credenza and when I leave the house I still drag it along as I did on my way to the office, like normal, although, I have to pass on my daily breakfast at the restaurant where I first ate breakfast with my grandparents 60 + years ago. And every night it all goes back into the valet that has sat atop my dresser for the last 50 years, just like it used to.

In a race gone mad, human, that is, on a toxic planet on the eve of its destruction with its new fucking normal, I wear a watch because it's one of the very few old-normal things I have left to do.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 6th 2020, 4:52pm

3Flushes wrote:
November 6th 2020, 12:01pm
biglove wrote:
November 4th 2020, 8:22pm
^^^Amen to that!

Great story, too.
Thanks, BL-

You are an oasis of normalcy on the windswept sands of interesting times.
We switched over to a new EMR system at work. Nothing feels normal about this week. And I have been and am on call for the fun times. Will be nice to see the call pay and 11.25 hours OT on the next check but it has been a week. WATCH MONEY!!!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

Return to “General Watch talk”