Eva Leube Watchmaker

koimaster
Founder

Eva Leube Watchmaker

Post by koimaster » October 1st 2020, 7:42pm

Eva Leube, is a German born Independent watchmaker based in Zurich, Switzerland. Having worked for numerous watch houses, Thomas Prescher, Rolex, Ulysse Nardin she became independent in 2011 with the launch of ARI at Baselworld.

1. Describe briefly your childhood.

I grew up in Berlin within a family of scientists. Our parents took us through any museum, church, castle, opera house. But we also often visited my grandparents living outside the City surrounded by forests and lakes. My Grandfather was a physicist who told us kids that we could understand any mechanism if we just looked at it long enough. He worked as a rocket scientist in ballistics during the war and later built two deadweight-force standard machines, one of which is still in use today carrying out special measurement procedures. The machines were first installed in the National Metrology Institut in East Berlin and 20 years later transferred to the PTB (Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt) in Braunschweig. There, they built a new hall for the installation of the machines (one of them 17 m tall over three floors) where they created the necessary conditions, including climatisation of the underground floors. It was pretty uplifting to visit, all these years later.

https://www.thenakedwatchmaker.com/peop ... K2XqiDKGk4

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “General Watch talk”