Purchasing watches in Oregon

codguy
ASSHAT

Purchasing watches in Oregon

Post by codguy » September 5th 2020, 7:25am

Q= Do Washington State residents have to pay sales taxes when purchasing watches from a AD in Oregon??

I skirted paying Washington State sales tax on a real expensive grand fathers clock from a company in Eugene years back. The muy dinero saved was substantial.

So, has any Washington State residents (not sure how many are here) ever purchase a wristwatch in Oregon recently w/o paying Washington State sales tax?

Just wondering

conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Purchasing watches in Oregon

Post by conjurer » September 5th 2020, 7:41am

I'm not sure about watch purchases in OR as a nonresident, but when I had my Exploder serviced in Portland last year, I didn't pay any sales tax.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » September 5th 2020, 9:02am

Thanks conj. I know that Portland's Ben Bridge, Costco and some others charge Washington State residents WA sales tax for purchased merchandise ..................

That was the sole reason I purchased my GF clock down in Eugene (and the store owner was not only elated, they willingly delivered it up here to Pierce County). Would hate to drive all the way down to Eugene again for other larger $ purchases but I'd rather do that than to support Ben Bridge, Costco, etc..

Fuck taxes, they get enough from me already.

koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 5th 2020, 11:54am

You should be fine. Might be that you are charged by costco and the like because are also in washington.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “General Watch talk”