6 Watches with Green Dials

koimaster
Founder

6 Watches with Green Dials

Post by koimaster » August 9th 2020, 3:17pm

A medical review, recently published on Color Psychology, written by author Kendra Cherry and reviewed by Psychotherapist Steven Gans, MD, suggests that different colors have different psychological impact on our moods and emotions. These reactions are either related to the intensity of the color or, in some cases, the product of our experiences. For some, the color green is associated with nature, while others find it calming. Which makes sense. Readers of the study often described the color as “refreshing” and “tranquil,” which explains why I found Seiko’s Prospex LX SNR045J1 Limited Edition so calming while writing this story. In hopes of calming your pandemic-ravaged nerves, we have rounded up some of the latest 2020 watches with green dials.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... 728bd6f117

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: 6 Watches with Green Dials

Post by biglove » August 9th 2020, 3:43pm

Or one could always go with the Orient RA-AB0F08E for $90.
EF9F208E-323E-4E11-A260-5D787AE944E0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » August 9th 2020, 4:02pm

I like green dials. I have a San Martin bronze with a green dial and an Elliot Brown with a faded green dial.

Always on the lookout for the green dial I can't live without.

LIW has a new green dial for the Islander watch. Looks pretty good.
https://www.longislandwatch.com/Islande ... isl-44.htm

That Norqain looks very nice, indeed.
https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... e-caliber/
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 10th 2020, 9:23am

bambino.jpg
This one is for sale at ebay
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » August 10th 2020, 3:15pm

Here's mine..
Bulova Accutron Alpha(1).jpg
Bulova AccutronII(1).jpg
CW C65 Trident Diver Khaki(1).JPG
Glycine Combat Sub GL0281 GL224 mvmnt(3).JPG
Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba H823750 green bezel(1).JPG
Oris Divers 65 Bronze Bezel GreenDial(1).JPG
Oris Divers 65 BB Momotaro(1).JPG
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » August 10th 2020, 3:43pm

One can continue to purchase cheap wartches and/or multiples of them in a short period..............or purchase one real nice watch!

Quality over quantity (though many cheap wartch hoarders "collectors" still don't get it).

TB's WATCH is the cats meow! The cheap ones are ............... cheap

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 10th 2020, 9:01pm

Everyone’s idea of a cheap what is what? For you guys who make 6 figure or more, you might say anything under 1000 is a cheap watch. But, those who make $25-40000 a year might think anything under $500 is a cheap watch. Those who make just above min wage might think everything under $100 is a cheap watch. It’s a matter of where your coming from. I will never be able to go out and by a $15,000 Omega or $10,000 Breitling. Although I actually could.. because the sale of my house. But I am just saying that if I buy a $1000 watch I would have to say f it. But, those who make more are more willing to spend it. I guess what I am saying it’s on what you can afford, I did have a lot of tv watches, they all ended up being worth literally nothing the one good Swiss watch the cyma, I paid $900 but sold for $500. Which tells me it is in the eye of the beholder.you buy a $10000 omega, you might want to sell it and you have to wait for someone to give you a good price. The cheap collector the invicta customer wants to have 50 watches but wants people to think he is rich. So he buys invictas that are copies of more expensive watches the bad part is he actually believes his own bs and is shocked when those invictas won’t bring more then 30 bucks. I say with all that money he spent on the invictas he could have had a couple good 1000+ watches. It’s better to show quality, something that will last decades then one who won’t last 10 years or 4 battery changes.. oh back to the post. I like that Orient green one. Green is my favorite color and that one is a proper shade of it.
Last edited by Hawkeye on August 10th 2020, 9:51pm, edited 2 times in total.
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 10th 2020, 9:37pm

iwasbanned wrote:
August 10th 2020, 9:35pm
Let's not forget that the Rolex hulk started the green trend and maybe even invented the color green.

I like green.

Very nice watch
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » August 10th 2020, 10:08pm

koimaster wrote:
August 9th 2020, 3:17pm
A medical review, recently published on Color Psychology, written by author Kendra Cherry and reviewed by Psychotherapist Steven Gans, MD, suggests that different colors have different psychological impact on our moods and emotions. These reactions are either related to the intensity of the color or, in some cases, the product of our experiences. For some, the color green is associated with nature, while others find it calming. Which makes sense. Readers of the study often described the color as “refreshing” and “tranquil,” which explains why I found Seiko’s Prospex LX SNR045J1 Limited Edition so calming while writing this story. In hopes of calming your pandemic-ravaged nerves, we have rounded up some of the latest 2020 watches with green dials.

https://www.watchtime.com/wristwatch-in ... 728bd6f117
Colour research is incredibly thin on actual evidence. Cultural differences remain the largest single predictor of colour-related responding.

Well, except for orange being best at depth underwater...we know for certain that was a totally solid finding!!

:Thumbsup:
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » August 10th 2020, 10:12pm

iwasbanned wrote:
Let's not forget that the Rolex hulk started the green trend and maybe even invented the color green.

I like green.

I'm in love.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 11th 2020, 4:00am

My only green.
A green dial goes the best with gold, brass or bronze case IMHO.

NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » August 11th 2020, 4:36am

Hawkeye wrote:
August 10th 2020, 9:01pm
My point and I think yours also (sorry, was difficult for me to read your solid block of post)..... is quality over quantity.
I would rather purchase one $5,000 watch instead of 14 wartches costing $350 each.
iwasbanned wrote:
Always impressed with your collection Juan.

Return to “General Watch talk”