A Guide to Sleeper Watches

Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

A Guide to Sleeper Watches

Post by Racer-X » July 23rd 2020, 7:09am

"When I spoke with Erik Strickland for our “Ask the Collectors” series, one of the topics we discussed was the idea of a sleeper watch. Erik’s a great collector of watches that fit into this category, and to get a sense of some of the most interesting and esoteric sleepers out there, definitely head over to his Instagram feed, and prepare to learn a lot about watches that are equally impressive and important as they are under the radar. We wanted to put together a guide in the same spirit, because there’s something undeniably appealing about a watch that does a lot, but does it in a way that doesn’t call attention to itself. And while Erik’s collection focuses mostly on sleepers of the vintage variety (and you’ll a lot more about this in an upcoming podcast episode), we think the term can also be applied to modern watches, which is what you’ll see in this guide."

https://wornandwound.com/more-than-meet ... 26wound%29

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: A Guide to Sleeper Watches

Post by TemerityB » August 16th 2020, 11:52am

I agree about the B&M Baumatics. They look like typical B&M department store watches, but they're built for action. Never thought I'd be impressed with anything B&M does, but that line is really intriguing.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “General Watch talk”